No internet on TPLINK WPA8631P (it has worked for a couple of months until now)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-29 10:26:35
Model: TL-WPA8631P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I have a WPA8631P KIT with a base unit and three extenders on a one mesh setup.  It has worked fine for the past few months but today the 'house' light is not 'on' on any of the units and the internet is not available.  No changes have been made to the wiring of the house!  I have checked that the cable going from the router to the base unit has internet by plugging it directly into a PC.  This works fine so it seems to be the base unit.  There doesn't seem to be a way of resetting the base unit (the only button is the 'pair' button and the instruction leaflet only talks about resetting the extender units).

Do I have a duff bunny and just need to get it replaced or is there something I can do to make it work?

Thanks Allen

Options
2 Reply
Re:No internet on TPLINK WPA8631P (it has worked for a couple of months until now)
2022-06-01 06:29:50

Hello   @AllenK 

Thank you for your detailed post, if powerline kit lost pair, you could try some tips here to repair them. 

Here is guide to factory reset the device How to Reset the Powerline Adapter to Factory Default?

Try to pair manually:FAQ: How to secure (pair) the Powerline Network?

please  put 2 powerline unit in the wall sockets, in the same room, and pair them again :
Paring Note:  press Pair button only for 1 sec, Power Leds should be flashing on both powerline units in pairing process. ( if the Power Led does not blink, press it for 1 sec again)
When the Powerline Led or House Leds are on, the pairing process is done

Options
Re:No internet on TPLINK WPA8631P (it has worked for a couple of months until now)
2022-06-02 07:49:05

@AllenK 

Hi, Thanks for your reply.  I have tried re-pairing the units but it didn't work.  In the end I reset the base unit to factory settings.  Unfortunately this meant that none of the extenders then worked so I reset those as well and then had to rejoin them to the mesh.  It was quite a lot of work to get it going but at least it is working now. 

I just hope that it doesn't happen too often! (The networks belongs to my neighbour who is not very good at this stuff so if it ever goes wrong again and I'm not around he will not be happy!)

Thanks again

Allen

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 371

Replies: 2