TL-WPA8630P KIT suddenly really slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-31 08:50:27
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.3.32-00_801192_170511_906

Hi there,

I use a TL-WPA8630P KIT to extend my network to the addict. I noticed the internet was getting really slow the last days. I did a speedtest and it doesn't reach over 1mbps, the normal internet speed should be 100mbps. I moved the extender to the same room, but this gives me the same result. I tested on wifi and on a cable, it doesn't make a difference.

See result from tpPLC utility.

Speedtest on the router:

Speedtest on the powerline:

Any clue why it's so slow? It has been working fine for several months. 

Thanks & regards,

Kobus.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA8630P KIT suddenly really slow
2022-06-01 03:27:30

Hello  @KobusB 

Thank for starting a detailed thread, the powerline rate between powerline units are fine, you could start troubleshooting from the main adapter

- try a different Ethernet cable between main powerline adapter between router   & test a different LAN port on router 

- wire PC directly to the same LAN port of router using the same Ethernet cable and confirm speed is fine 

- relocate the main powerline adapter that connected to router to a different wall outlet

- examine if there is any network device that may affect the power line rate as FAQ below may affect powerline environment. 

What can I do if my powerline rate is very low?

Can you check if slow speed happen on a certain network device or all the network devices? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 365

Replies: 1