How to disable open network services?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-02 18:26:04
Model: TD-W9960  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 0.8.0 v009d.0 Build 210831 Rel.81047n

my network llose connection every few minutes and i have to restart it again and its get annoying. i scanned my network and as shown in the image, it says telnet is open and i think that cause it but i dont know how to disable it on panel because there is no option to enable or disable network services for that. please help.

https://imgur.com/a/YTG3Pj4

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to disable open network services?
2022-06-03 15:59:32

@RRHYAST 

Telnet should be only open from the LOCAL network and not remotely, for that reason you shouldn't be too worried about this.

If you want to test this try a telnet connection to your external IP on Port 23 using a 4G (not your wifi) connection, my guess it will likely fail.   Telnet is likely OK for internal use only.

Newer routers will have this feature disabled / able to be disabled, but sadly this router is a bit older now and doesnt offer this functionality.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 370

Replies: 1