Av1300 Powerline stopping all Internet from workimg

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-05 21:26:17

Hi, since moving to a new Internet provider and getting a new TalkTalk router, when I plugged my Powerline Adapter Av1300 back in it now cuts out all Internet access, even from the new main TalkTalk router. It even stops the Internet to my TV which is connected by Ethernet to the TalkTalk router. Any ideas why this is happening and how to stop? Is it something like an IP address conflict? 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Av1300 Powerline stopping all Internet from workimg
2022-06-06 10:24:57 - last edited 2022-06-06 10:26:27

Hello @Jervis 

• You could plug powerline unit into the wall socket, and plug router to a power strip and somewhere further away from powerline device. 
  • If its a VDSL modem, refer to instruction below and enable lower PLC-to-VDSL interference mode:

What does Lower PLC-to-VDSL interference Mode do on powerline adapters?

• Note that only one powerline  unit need connect to main router via Ethernet cable, another powerline unit is in a different location to extend network (do not connect both powerline units to router at the same time)

If still the same, may I know the model of your Talk Talk router or have a photo of label on router? How about the led status on router when issue happens. 

Options
2022-06-07 19:18:57

@Solla-topee this is a picture of the modem talk talk use. Which is an Open Reach one.

Options
2022-06-07 19:19:53

And then they plug it into their own brand router for WiFi. But it hasn't a make or m model on it? 

Options
2022-06-07 19:24:43

When I plug in the power line adaptor and then plug in and turn on the 2nd unit in another room, then all of a sudden the Internet stops working on my TV and on the TalkTalk router. 

Strangely it did work one time. Everything was connected to the Internet, the TV, the TalkTalk router and the powerline too. But after 30min or so all of a sudden they all lost Internet connection and to get it back I had to turn everything off and unplug the powerline adaptor.?

Options
2022-06-17 08:31:20 - last edited 2022-06-17 08:35:55

Hello   @Jervis 

Sorry for the late reply. If the router is down ,can you check if the LED status on router/ Modem including Power led / Internet Led/DSL, do the LED  look the same as they work fine. At the same time, it is recommended to reach router support and see if they meet any similar case or suggestions. You might need to do some advanced troubleshooting with the router support and see what happened before router is down. 

Make sure you have enabled this mode What does Lower PLC-to-VDSL interference Mode do on powerline adapters?

May I know the model & hardware version of your AV1300?  If it's a Wi-Fi kit, you could also turn off the DHCP for Wifi powerline unit as thread here. 

When reach router support, can you find the model of router, and what is default IP address of router? 

Did you get a new modem & a new router? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 396

Replies: 5

Related Articles