Deco X60 communication at one device stops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-06 10:14:58
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210204 rel. 50164

Hi, I have a set of a X60 with three devices. All units are connected as mesh points and are connected wireless with each other (WiFi router modus). Everything is working fine (all with green leds), only one device is stop working every 2-3 days.

The signal level of the device that has problems is approx. 66% (2.4 GHz). At that moment that the problem occures the led of it is still green, it is still visible in the app, but no WiFi traffic is coming through. After restarting the device it is working back again normally, but as said it repeats are a couple of days. I have changed the "problem" device to another position in my house, the connection problems stays at that device but on its new position.

So I think two issues can be happening: bug in the firmware version (it is the latest version, but still I read a lot of issues with malfunction and blocking devices) or the device is broken.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco X60 communication at one device stops
2022-06-08 09:05:59

@Nous112 

Welcome to the community.

May I know how long have you had Deco X60 kit?

For the information mentioned here"The signal level of the device that has problems is approx. 66% (2.4 GHz).", Do you mean the signal source on the problematic Deco is 2.4ghz only, not 2.4ghz and 5ghz?

Here is a debug firmware in the private message and please try to install the debug firmware on the problematic unit to see whether it helped improve the stability.

By the way, would there be any chance that you could connect this X60 via Ethernet cable to the nearest Deco X60?

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-06-21 20:33:04

@David-TP Thanks for your reply.

I've bought the kit August last year (2021).

I'm not using the 5 Ghz signals, only the 2.4 Ghz signals.

It is not possible to connect them by LAN.

By the way: I did not receive the other firmware by PM. Can your resend it?

Kind regards,

Nous112

Options
2022-06-23 03:47:27

@Nous112 

Thanks for the update.

I have sent the firmware again and please check whether you could get it.

By the way, have you tried to swap the location of the two satellite X60s to see whether the disconnection always follows the same unit?

And Can I have a screenshot of the signal source?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-08-19 18:58:30

@David-TP a short update from my side. Due to private circumstances I was not possible to react earlier.

I did not receive new firmware yet, perhaps we can contact via support.forum@tp-link.com, but then I need a support ID.

I've already swapped the different X60 units, but this doesn't result in a solution.

What do you mean with screenshot from signal source? Do you want to have screenshot with the Wifi signal strenghts (where can that be found in the Deco app)?

Kind regards, Nous112

Options
2022-08-23 08:20:55

@Nous112 

Thanks for the update and I just created a support #TKID220827885.

Please refer to the email for more suggestions.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 596

Replies: 5

Related Articles