Can't connect from laptop to office pc via remote desktop after replacing powerline wi-fi extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can't connect from laptop to office pc via remote desktop after replacing powerline wi-fi extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-06 15:59:02
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi there

I've connected from my laptop at home to my desktop in my office via remote desktop for several years. Today I've had to replace the wifi extender as the old one died. I bought the kit but am still using the previous powerline adapter as it is a passthrough. I'm just using the new wifi extender.

They've paired fine and i have a wired and wifi signal in my home office. But i cannot connect from home. the old configuration worked fine until the extender died whch suggests that its something to do with the new unit.

Is there a setting that i need to change on the new unit? Or anything else that might work?

Many thanks in advance

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't connect from laptop to office pc via remote desktop after replacing powerline wi-fi extender
2022-06-30 19:22:40

Hello   @melbob 

sorry for the late reply, if the Windows remote desktop does not work when a destop connect to new Wifi network, what I could think of is the Public/ Private network settings on your Windows PC.

If a Windows PC in private network,it is accessible in the local network. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/make-a-wi-fi-network-public-or-private-in-windows-0460117d-8d3e-a7ac-f003-7a0da607448d

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 306

Replies: 1

Related Articles