Deco x20 Ethernet Backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-07 17:40:35 - last edited 2022-06-07 17:45:05
Tags: #Deco Ethernet Backhaul #ethernet backhaul
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I have a problem with the ethernet backhaul. I have my modem connected to my main deco x20 unit in Bridge mode and I want to connect it to another deco x20 unit. 

When I conect the second deco to the main one directly to the ethernet port, there is no problem it work just fine.

But when I try to put a switch between them, so I have access to more ethernet ports near the main station, the second deco unit disconnects randomly and losses internet.

In the app it shows correctly, as connected to de main via ethernet but it randomly losses conecction until i reboot it (the seccond one) and it works for some time and again the same problem.

The second configuration, the one I can't make work will be MODEM ->  MAIN DECO -> SWITCH -> OTHER DECO (and other devices connected to the switch via ethernet work just fine and are detected as connected to the main deco)

the switch I'm using is a TP-Link TL-SG1005D. 

I believe it has something to do with the switch messin something up with the ips and that causes the second deco to randomly disconnect.

If any one has a solution i will appreciate it

thank you

(sorry if anything is written wrong, English is not my main language) 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco x20 Ethernet Backhaul
2022-06-08 01:32:34

@nicoplate 

Welcome to the community.

"In the app, it shows correctly, as connected to de main via ethernet but it randomly losses connection" here, do you mean the "Ethernet backhaul" will randomly switch to wifi backhaul but satellite X20 still maintains green, or satellite X20 will turn flashing red and get disconnected completely from the main X20?

Have you tried to change the Ethernet cable between TL-SG1005D and satellite X20?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-06-08 11:42:42 - last edited 2022-06-08 11:43:22

@David-TP Hi, thank you very much for your reply. 

No, when the second deco losses connection, it means that sometimes the light turns red, and sometimes it stays green but the devices connected to this second unit losses internet (connected to the second deco either via WIFI or the single ETHERNET free port).

That's why i believe it has something to do with the IP management of the switch which does something either to de second DECO unit or, to the devices connected to it. 

Although the second Deco unit is at WIFI range from the first one (i tried un-cable them, it has half signal) when the Ethernet backhaul does this problem it never switched automatically to WiFi backhaul, so i think it detects the Ethernet cable just fine. 

I believe the cable works because i have the the device that test the cables and also, when I remove the switch and connect both deco units directly with the same cable the problem is gone.

I have the switch for about 2 weeks and almost every day this problem happened, and when I removed it and connected the decos directly between each other for about a month and this problem never happened. 

All the rest of connection is the same, the only difference is when i put the switch between them.I would like to have some additional Ethernet ports where I have the main deco unit because its where i have my PC and PS5 that now are connected via WiFi.

Also, when the switch was placed, the devices connected via WiFi to the main deco and the PC and PS5 connected via Ethernet to the switch never lost connection, only the second deco and the devices connected to this second unit.

I have some to little knowledge in network configuration but i saw that the router has some kind of interface to administrate it and do some things to the IPs designation. 

Thank you for your time

Best regards

Options
2022-06-14 07:34:17

@nicoplate 

Thank you very much for the update.

Sorry for the delay.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance and please check whether you have got an email from us.

Thank you again.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 873

Replies: 3

Tags

Deco Ethernet Backhaul
ethernet backhaul
Related Articles