Help needed to boost my Wifi Range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-29 20:32:09
Region : India

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 0.4 v0005.0 Build 130217 Rel.62075n

ISP : Airtel

Hello Team, I have a reasonably large house of about 1500SQ.ft and I have my modem in one part of the house.
Based on customer reviews, I purchased TP Link W8968 Modem+router assuming that having the dual antenna will boost the wifi coverage. Unfortunately I have my master bedroom about 30 feet away with 2 walls and even after keeping the doors completely open, the signal is very poor and sometime no signal at all.
I am not considering replacing one of the antenna with a better antenna supplied by TP Link. Can you please advice me if I go with a longer Antenna, will it help improving my Wifi signal to my other room?
Please help

Srinath
India
Options
2 Reply
Re:Help needed to boost my Wifi Range
2013-08-03 20:38:29
Hi.
Access Point or Range Extender can be used to repeat wireless signal. Since TD-W8968 has 300Mbps wireless speed, 300Mbps wireless Access Point or Range Extender will be better than 150Mbps ones.
Check this link: http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/?categoryid=239
Options
Re:Help needed to boost my Wifi Range
2013-08-18 04:02:04
I have also have the same problem. VERY VERY POOR Wireless signals even with dual antennas and that too in a bedroom which is less than 20 feet away from router. This product really sucks and apart from this, there are numerous other bugs.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 540

Replies: 2

Related Articles