ER605 1.21 upgrade failed then it disappeared, anyone else see this?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-15 12:58:33
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.20

I got notified this morning when I went into the OC200 that there was a new firmware update for my ER605.  I tried to upgrade from 1.20 to 1.21 and it failed.  The router came back on version 1.20 so all is well for now.  

Was there any announcement of a version 1.21???  Then, when I went to refresh to see if there were any updates, it showed none.   As if it was pulled from the repository.  

Options
8 Reply
Re:ER605 1.21 upgrade failed then it disappeared, anyone else see this?
2022-06-15 13:57:31

@Fleegle61 I'm having issues to, however my ER605 isn't talking to my controller anymore or properly routing..

Options
2022-06-15 15:45:06

So I come home after doing a quick errand and again the controller is telling me there is an update 1.21 for the ER605.  Being brave...I tried again...This time it was successful.  So my router is now up to 1.21 with no issues. 

But stil.....I saw no announcement anyplace on the forums (or reddit...at least not yet) that there was a new release.   Nothing like NO NOTICE!.   Surprised to see TP-LINK would do that. 

Options
2022-06-15 18:41:42

Fleegle61 wrote

So I come home after doing a quick errand and again the controller is telling me there is an update 1.21 for the ER605.  Being brave...I tried again...This time it was successful.  So my router is now up to 1.21 with no issues. 

But stil.....I saw no announcement anyplace on the forums (or reddit...at least not yet) that there was a new release.   Nothing like NO NOTICE!.   Surprised to see TP-LINK would do that. 

@Fleegle61 Had exactly the same problem with an ER 7206 yesterday. Failed on the first attempt but fortunately took on the second.  As our site is remote - about 100 miles from direct hands-on techie access, upgrades have to run smoothly.  Unfortunately, this is not the first time TP-Link upgrades & updates have misbehaved, to the extent that we no longer trust them.  By comparison, a second Ubiquiti kitted site updates with ease & without causing grief .... so our next new site will no longer be TP-link equipped.

And correct, no info on the forum about firmware update ... definitely well shout of a business systems we need.  

Options
2022-06-15 18:54:57

@GaelForce I really do like the Omada platform and costwise against Ubiquiti, its a bargain...but with that bargain comes some negatives. If I had prior notice of a new release coming, I wouldnt have been caught off guard when I went into the network and saw that a new release was ready to be downloaded and applied.  So I took a chance having no knowledge or disucssion on the forums to see if anyone else had any issues with their update.  My 1st fail since I have been running Omada, so for me it was kinda a shock.  Fortunately round 2 of the update did succeed.  

I also am not overly happy that there are things I cannot do in managed mode which I can easily do in standalone mode.  So the OC series need much more work before I would personally call it business or even enterprise. 

But we are happy, the clients are happy and I just have to hope they are going to continue working on improving not only the process but the the whole OMADA suite. 

Options
2022-06-15 21:37:42

@GaelForce 

I've seen a few updates like this. They appear first in the controller and then on the device firmware page a few days later. Not really ideal I agree.

Options
2022-06-16 07:42:39

Fleegle61 wrote

Hi  @Fleegle61 

We've release the new firmware on Business Community > Business Routers (Standalone)

The firmware v1.2.1 has been released for ER605 & ER7206 on June 15, 2022

You can also find the new firmware on tp-link official website.

Options
2022-06-16 10:32:10

@Hank21 I appreciate you letting me know.  It didnt come to mind to check other parts of the forums for this information.  I normally only read the OMADA/SDN forums.....guess its time to start reading the standalone groups now..

Options
2022-06-17 22:35:48

@Hank21,

FWIW, I had a subscription on the thread Fae edited on Tuesday but I don't believe it triggered anything.

No mail, no notice...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 758

Replies: 8