Connect AX72 to replace BT Smarthub

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-23 10:21:06
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have just bought an AX72 to replace a BT Smarthub 2. I have BT FTTP. When I connect the new router, I get 3 green lights but red for internet. Using the Tether App the device isn't visible. I understand I may need to change the PPPOE settings on the router to BT broadband and but I have no means to connect an Ethernet cable to the device. Can someone point me to a step-by-step process in how to set this up?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connect AX72 to replace BT Smarthub
2022-06-23 20:21:56 - last edited 2022-06-23 20:26:23

@FraserK 

Hi,

I can't post external links here, but if you do a Google search for "use own router with bt fttp", then you should be able find instructions.

In essence you should have to do the following:

- Connect a WiFi-capable client device (computer, tablet, phone) to the AX72. The default wireless SSIDs and passwords are printed on the label stuck to the underside of the AX72. 

- Open a web browser on the client device and go to the address "http://tplinkwifi.net/". (in the rare event that this link doesn't work try "http://192.168.0.1" instead)

- Since this is a brand new router you should now be asked to setup a new password for the router. (In case you have already setup a password, then of cource just log in using that password)

- Once you've entered the configuration webpage of the AX72 click on the "Internet" pictogram.

- At the drop-down menu for "Internet Connection Type" select "PPPoE".

- In the "Username" field type "bthomehub@btbroadband<dot>com". (you need to replace "<dot>" with a ".", as submitting this post with the "." in place was not possible)

- In the "Password" field type "BT".

- Click the "SAVE" button near the bottom of the screen.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 983

Replies: 1