Disable "WAN Error" page redirect when No Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-23 15:41:07

Please, explain a way to disable this annoying behavior. I am using a tp-link router behind a 4G router and I am not able to log in to 4G  router when I have 4G connection issues and am connected to tp-link wifi due to this s**t of feature.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Disable "WAN Error" page redirect when No Internet
2022-06-26 10:36:58 - last edited 2022-06-26 10:37:33

I need a solution on this topic. How I could avoid this redirection to allow access to my main 4G router admin panel?

Options
2022-06-27 08:18:23

Hello @AlfieS 

There is currently no way to disable that. We use this error or redirect to remind you to check and fix the internet connection issue just in case you are not sure what is going on when the phone or laptop cannot connect to the internet. The internet sometimes goes down only for the wireless devices but not always with the WAN internet connection, we use this error to distinguish that, and we think that is more clear to locate the internet issue on some feedback.

Can I know the model number of the TP-Link router? Be sure it is running the latest firmware.

Options
2022-06-27 09:10:11

@Kevin_Z 

It's an Archer C6. Yes it is running the latest firmware (until you consider to include bandwidth limit feature we have been asking for years)

Do you consider this as a "correct" behavior?? You are not allowing the possibility of administer another TP-Link device in this case (4G router), it is incredible you are trying to explain how this could be an expected behavior. 

So the only way to access my 4G router if I am connected to Archer C6 wifi is to go and physically connect to it????? Do you actually consider this is something sustainable managing a network??

Options
2022-06-28 08:05:24

@AlfieS 

When the WAN error appears, can you find a button or an option to disable it? Please show us the screenshot of the WAN error if not.

Options
2022-08-03 18:47:50

@Kevin_Z 

I am having a similar issue with an Oculus Quest 2 headset.  When connecting to the router, the Oculus thinks that the WAN error page is a captive login and keeps redirecting to the router login page. Unfortunately, I don't have a screenshot since the error screen is on the headset. 

Even without that info, in my case I don't need the internet.  I have nothing plugged into the WAN port because, again, I DON'T NEED THE INTERNET.  I am simply using the router as a way to wirelessly connect my VR laptop with the Oculus headset.  The WAN error is completely useless to me and it is necessary that there is a way to disable it. 

Options
2022-08-04 03:17:59

@Bmilb 

Thank you very much for reporting the "WAN error" issue with your TP-Link router.

Can I know the model of the TP-Link router? Are you able to find the option to disable the reminder as described by ch0c0 in the following thread?

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/187616 (#3)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 395

Replies: 7

Related Articles