my WI-FI extender didn't boost my Mbps.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-03 19:57:50
Model: RE205  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

I bought my Tp Link Wi-fi Range extender today I set it up like the manual said and still my Mbps has not changed.

Options
1 Reply
Re:my WI-FI extender didn't boost my Mbps.
2022-07-04 03:41:20

@5665785765 

To ensure range extender get expected speed, you could check some tips in guides below: 

We expect range extender to extend the Wi-Fi range in the Wi-Fi dead spot more than to improve the speed, this relates to how range extender works.  Range extender receives data from the router wirelessly and then forward it to the Wi-Fi network clients, the speed will decrease during the transmission. 

As Ethernet connection is usually faster, to boost the speed, you may also consider the Ethernet connection and wire range extender to router via Ethernet cable :

Configuration Guide How to connect TP-Link Wi-fi Extender to Router with Ethernet Cable (Access Point Mode)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 94

Replies: 1

Related Articles