Votes

Proper guest network in AP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-04 13:10:51
Tags: #Proper guest network in AP mode
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer AX55(EU)_V1_220330

Hello

Please implement "real" guest network, compleat isolation from the main network LAN and WLAN in AP mode, like a separate DHCP, DNS server, and  a option to customize or the ability to get this information from the main router.

Best regardssmiley

Options
2 Reply
Re:Proper guest network in AP mode
2022-07-05 10:49:49

Hello @FireWire33Red 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature request(s) here.

As I tried to explain to other users, based on the operating principle of the Guest Network, guest isolation loses efficacy when the router is in access point mode. If guest isolation is forced to be enabled, then clients which are connected to the guest network will not be able to get IP addresses and access the internet. When working in AP mode, the main reason to have the main network and the guest network is to distinguish the two, as some users prefer not to share the wireless credentials with guests.

But this is still something that I can bring up with the product team, I am happy to forward this topic along to the team for visibility again. Thanks!

Options
Re:Proper guest network in AP mode
2022-07-05 15:03:52 - last edited 2022-07-05 15:04:25

Hello  @Kevin_Z 

Thanks for the quick reply, and forward this to the product team, i believe that this is a "simple" thing to implement in AP Mode, for the Guest network.

Best regardssmiley

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 553

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.

Tags