Archer T2U plus suddenly showing very annoying drop in speed after 2 months of flawless use

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer T2U plus suddenly showing very annoying drop in speed after 2 months of flawless use

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-04 20:20:41
Tags: #windows 10
Model: Archer T2U Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Bought it in may and almost exactly a month later, it is showing problems. I have an MSi b550 vdh pro max with inbuilt wifi which is really bad so i had to buy a usb wifi adapter. Decided to buy this one and was extremely happy with the performance. Consistent 100-150 mbps speeds always with no lag in gaming, i was having a blast until about an hour ago when speed suddenly fell to 10 mbps out of the blue. I have redownloaded drivers, changed usb ports, disabled and enabled drivers using manage this pc but nothing has worked. Other devices working flawlessly on this network so my pc is certainly the only victim. I have asked for an RMA, please suggest other options.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer T2U plus suddenly showing very annoying drop in speed after 2 months of flawless use
2022-07-05 01:53:05

@severesweet 

For adapter speed becomes slow: 

• It is recommended to change a different Wi-Fi channel on router and you could download WiFi analyzer app or software and select a relatively clean Wifi channel.

For 2.4Ghz try adjust channel width from 20/40Mhz, for 5Ghz, try channel width 40/80Mhz. 

• You could try this latest chipset driver for and see if help with the issue:

Solutio nRealtek Chipset Driver for Archer T2U(Nano/ Pus) (Win7/Win10)

If still the same,  can you put a different device at the same location and run speed tests, please compare the speedtest results on tplink adapter and a different device and share the speedtest results with us, thank you. When test speed test please leave only 1 device on the network and close unnecessary network activities.

Did you recently changed any settings on router, update Windows,or added any new network device in your house? 

Options
Re:Archer T2U plus suddenly showing very annoying drop in speed after 2 months of flawless use
2022-07-05 05:06:04

@Solla-topee 

1) After a lot of wrestling, I have logged into my router's settings but I cannot find how to change the channels but I believe the channels have nothing to do with my problem since I did not introduce any new devices on my network and this drop in speed was very  abrupt.

2) I downloaded the file but launching the setup shows "Sorry we do not support this operation system". It seems very sketchy to me.

I have run multiple speed tests and I was getting 150-200mbps until yesterday and now I am getting 11, 20, 30 and max 50 mbps on rare occasions. I do not have other adapters to test my computer on . 

Options
2022-07-05 05:55:45

Hello   @severesweet 

Thank you for the test and reporting back. Here are some other tips that you could give it a try. 

• Ensure another network device like mobile phone  could get proper speed from the Wi-Fi network  at the same location of PC. 
  • If possible, locate router and PC closer to each other and test speed
  • May I know did you test 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz wifi on the main router? You could try to reach router support to change channels. 
  • The chipset driver is newer and should be compatible with Win10. You could try to install driver in the Windows safe mode and see if you could run the setup Winzard.

How to get into Windows safe mode

• Or you could try to reinstall the official driver for T2U Plus. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-t2u-plus/

If still the same, you could reach the local support or retailer to check device warranty. 

Options
2022-07-05 07:55:01

@Solla-topee Can you please tell me about the RMA procedure so I can get one underway? I have emailed the rma address but haven't received a reply yet

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 465

Replies: 4

Tags

windows 10