AX73 open VPN client split tunneling

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-04 20:22:10 - last edited 2023-06-06 07:41:50
Tags: #VPN
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20211222 rel.74632(5553)

I just recently purchased an ax 73, and set up the open VPN connection to my workplace, however when I enable my PC to connect through it it only allows me to connect to things over the VPN, not via the Internet.This VPN connection is configured for split tunneling. The client should pull the routes for what networks are supposed to be tunnelled. This worked with my old Asus router so I am not sure what the problem is. I even tried to manually configure the routes and the open VPN configuration file, and it didn't work. It almost seems like this router only has partial support for open VPN. Any suggestions?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:AX73 open VPN client split tunneling-Solution
2022-07-07 06:28:58 - last edited 2023-06-06 07:41:50

Hello @blabablab 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

When configuring the VPN Client on the Archer AX73 and connecting to the VPN server, all the traffic data will be routed to the VPN tunnel, you cannot split the data or tunnel, which is currently not supported on the Archer AX73 routers. We will make sure to bring your feedback to our dev team to see if it would be technically feasible to support it in future updates to the platforms.

Please understand that development across teams and projects is difficult, and nothing can be guaranteed. The best that I can say is that it is important to keep up to date with the latest firmware on the router. 

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:AX73 open VPN client split tunneling-Solution
2022-07-07 06:28:58 - last edited 2023-06-06 07:41:50

Hello @blabablab 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

When configuring the VPN Client on the Archer AX73 and connecting to the VPN server, all the traffic data will be routed to the VPN tunnel, you cannot split the data or tunnel, which is currently not supported on the Archer AX73 routers. We will make sure to bring your feedback to our dev team to see if it would be technically feasible to support it in future updates to the platforms.

Please understand that development across teams and projects is difficult, and nothing can be guaranteed. The best that I can say is that it is important to keep up to date with the latest firmware on the router. 

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1193

Replies: 1

Tags