Deco M5 has green light, connects to other mesh but has no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-05 15:00:20
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Deco M5 has green light

Connects to other mesh

But does not has internet connection

I have tried to reset it multiple times, update firmware but no improvement on the issue

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5 has green light, connects to other mesh but has no internet connection
2022-07-06 02:03:10

@HolyKrishna 

Thanks for the feedback.

I see the Deco M5 is still online from the cloud server via your TP-Link email ID and normally It should be working well.

Did your current issue start after the 1.6.0 firmware upgrade?

I have provided my email address in the private message and Could you please send me a screenshot of your IPV4 settings on the Deco APP>More>Advanced?

By the way, Do you have any wired laptops, and are they working fine?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco M5 has green light, connects to other mesh but has no internet connection
2022-09-27 01:10:23

@David-TP Hi. 

I am also experiencing the same issue. The green light is on but it says no internet connection when I connect my devices. 

Options
2022-09-28 06:31:41

@dtaeza 

Hi, did all the devices fail to get internet service?

Please refer to this link to change the DNS server on the Deco to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1855/

Please also make sure the ISP service and cable/fiber ONT are working properly and that only the main Deco is connected directly to ISP.

If possible, please unplug the main Deco and test the same port on the desktop to see whether there is internet service on the PC.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options