TP-Link TL-WPA8631P KIT lights going on and off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-10 05:13:50

Hello everyone.

Recently I bought the TP-Link TL-WPA8631P KIT.  

A few days ago, while browsing on my mobile phone, I realized that I lost internet connection. I checked TL-WPA8631P plug and at first I said to myself that it's switched on,but then I realized that only 3 green lights are on (when 4 green lights should be on).  I went to check router, and it was working fine. I checked TL-PA8010P and noticed that the 3 green lights were switch off (although switched on from wall socket).

After a few minutes, lights came on again on TL-PA8010P plug and I was re-connected to the internet. But again, after a few minutes it switched off again! 

I then thought of switching Power Saving Mode, which I did, but the problem was still there.

Can anyone tell me me what I can do, to solve my this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Regards to all,

KCM

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link TL-WPA8631P KIT lights going on and off
2022-07-26 02:19:20 - last edited 2022-07-26 02:20:26

Hello  @KCM 

It's good to know you have tried to turn off power saving mode on powerline adapters
If the TL-PA8010P 3 light still goes off after a few minutes, here are some tips that you could try

• Please try a different wall outlet for the main powerline adapter
  • Confirm it's not poor contact with the power socket 

You could test TL-PA8010P along on a power board or power strip and see if the LEDs go off again? If still the same, it could be a bad unit and it is recommended to reach the retailer or local support to get a replacement under the warranty.

Options