Can V2 of the RE650 be turned on & off REMOTELY via the Tether app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-12 11:18:08 - last edited 2022-07-12 11:20:59
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I need an Extender that will allow me to turn it on and off REMOTELY from anywhere.  Will this version of the RE650 function in this manner?  Currently I have an extender connected to a Smart Plug although the Smart Pug works with only one band of the internet.  The 5G is missing.  Thanks for your time with this.  If there are any other Extenders that have this capability (high range extenders) please let me know.  Thanks again

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can V2 of the RE650 be turned on & off REMOTELY via the Tether app
2022-07-12 18:00:00 - last edited 2022-07-13 02:34:51

@Marbo 

There's no option to turn on/off the RE650 remotely.

What you can do is to :

1. Use the Advanced Settings=>Power Schedule to turn OFF the RE650 on a scheduled basis.

2. Use the Advanced Settings=>Access Control (empty whitelist) to restrict any device to connect to RE650 when you decide.

3. Disable Wireless=>Extended Network (both bands) when you decide to restrict any device to be able to connect to the RE650.

You can have a look at RE650 v2 emulator here.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Can V2 of the RE650 be turned on & off REMOTELY via the Tether app
2022-07-13 02:08:01 - last edited 2022-07-13 02:10:58

@Marbo I'd like to chime in and add some additional information. 

RE650 V2 is one of the models that supporting Tp-Link Cloud service, and this means this model can be remotely managed by Tp-Link Tether app after device has bound to your tp-link ID. 

For more details, please refer to UG Chapter 4 Tp-Link Cloud service. While you may not able to power it on off on this app, the app has the options to reboot or reset device on the app, while power schedule need to set up on the web page. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/cloud-service/product-list/#range-extenders

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 258

Replies: 2

Related Articles