Port Forwarding not allowed from Ethernet/Wired device on Deco M5?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-16 03:06:55 - last edited 2022-07-18 07:45:58
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

On the mobile app, when I go to Router Settings --> Advanced --> Port Forwarding --> Add --> Internal IP, the only option I have to get an IP is from "Select from Device".

In that list, I either see NO devices, or only the devices on Wifi, but not hard-wired to any of the M5 units.

Does the M5 not allow Port Forwarding with devices (i.e. PCs) that are hardwired via Ethernet/LAN to the M5 units?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Port Forwarding not allowed from Ethernet/Wired device on Deco M5?-Solution
2022-07-16 16:23:19 - last edited 2022-07-18 07:45:58

@Philbert 

Thanks for confirming.

It was acting weird where it would show no online devices after trying to figure out how to get it to work (it would not show hardwired devices on the list at first -and yes they are connected directly without a switch and yes I have the latest firmware)

So i decided to reboot all my M5s and now the hardwired devices show up on the list!

Thanks!

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Port Forwarding not allowed from Ethernet/Wired device on Deco M5?
2022-07-16 12:32:05

@takabanana 

Hey

Yes the Deco does allow port forwarding to LAN connected devices.  I can see on my parents deco (via the app) that I can port forward to the PC which is wired into one of the Deco nodes.

Are you cabled straight into the Deco or via a Hub/Switch?   Also are you running the latest firmware?

Options
Re:Port Forwarding not allowed from Ethernet/Wired device on Deco M5?-Solution
2022-07-16 16:23:19 - last edited 2022-07-18 07:45:58

@Philbert 

Thanks for confirming.

It was acting weird where it would show no online devices after trying to figure out how to get it to work (it would not show hardwired devices on the list at first -and yes they are connected directly without a switch and yes I have the latest firmware)

So i decided to reboot all my M5s and now the hardwired devices show up on the list!

Thanks!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 314

Replies: 2

Related Articles