Deco x60 - Devices unable to download large files or apps when connected to any secondary Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco x60 - Devices unable to download large files or apps when connected to any secondary Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-17 00:42:26
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0

Hello,

After several months working fine, suddenly my devices (iPhone, iPad or windows laptop) can not download large files, updates or apps when connected to any of the secondary Decos. If the device is connected to the master Deco, it works fine.

I have been trying to restart the devices, disable every possible option ( homecare, QoS, parental controls, fast roaming, beamforming, etc) but nothing solve the problem

Could someone please help me?

Regards

Smel

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco x60 - Devices unable to download large files or apps when connected to any secondary Deco
2022-07-18 11:52:30

@Smel 

Hi, How much speed you could get from the satellite Deco X60?

If the satellite Deco is connected to the main Deco via Ethernet cable, would it make any difference?

And have you got any error messages when large files or apps fail to load?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco x60 - Devices unable to download large files or apps when connected to any secondary Deco
2022-07-18 20:40:35

Hi   @David-TP 

If the satellite Deco is connected to the main Deco via Ethernet cable, would it make any difference?

I have three decos: one is connected via Ethernet to the main Deco and the second one is connected via wifi. In both the problem is the same 

How much speed you could get from the satellite Deco X60?

In the Deco connected via Ethernet I have the same speed as the main (200 MB), in the other one decrease to 130 MB  

And have you got any error messages when large files or apps fail to load?

In iOS I get error meesages like "unable to verify update", "unable to download app", if I move near to the main Deco, the download process concluded without problem

Regards

Smel.

Options
2022-09-06 14:28:22

Hi  @David-TP

I am having the exact same problem. everything is working find on the master node but getting download interruptions on the slave nodes. 

I am using ethernet backhaul for all nodes. 

any suggestions? 

Options
2022-09-07 13:50:06

Hi  @nlivni

After many unconventional tests the unique temporary solution,in my case, was disconnecting and immediately reconnecting the Ethernet cables of the primary deco (inverting the ports), it was not necessary shutdown any device. For some unknown reason, this resets something an after a few minutes everything works fine for other period of time.

I hope this work for you.

Regards

Samuel.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 564

Replies: 4