VR2100 Setup with Deutsche Glasfaser (DG)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-17 21:05:48 - last edited 2023-10-12 10:37:41
Tags: #Highlighted Thread #Installation #Deutsche Glasfaser
Model: Archer VR2100v  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Dear all,

since I needed ages to setup the internet for my VR2100v with Deutsche Glasfaser (DG) for FTTH I wantet just to share how I finally got it:

1. Physical: Connect the Lan-Cable to the WAN-Port of the VR2100v

2. Administration:Change the Advance > Operating Mode to WLAN-Router

3. Administration: Change the Basic > Internet to ISP List = New-Glasfaser (Germany), VLAN-Tag = Enable and Connection Type = Dynamic IP

Update 29.07.2022:

Now I got the VoIP also running and want to share the configuration:

1. Administration: Go to Advance > Telephony > Telephone numbers and add a new number as following:

Telephony provider: Other

Phone Number: area code (of your town without country) and phone number direct in a row without blank

Registrar address, authentification ID, password: As you got it from Deutsche Glasfaser

Advanced: Change nothing: Port 5060, Proxy's 0.0.0.0, enable register via outbound proxy

Via IPv6: Disable

Area Code Settings: Disable

Advanced Settings:

Bound Interface: Change to Any_WAN (Bestehende Internetverbindung) 

The rest of the parameters don't need to be changed

2. Administration: Advance > NAT forwarding > ALG: Enable everything especially SIP and RTSP

Maybe other settings work as well, but the above did it.

Reminder: Where the internet works from the day they installed the hardware (NT) in your house, the telephony works first time at the day DG activates it respectively the day your old number moved from your old provider to DG.

I hope this is useful for someone..

Best regards

Options