How to manually change the extender's Wi-Fi settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-19 00:29:54

I have a Powerline Network Extender (TL-PA9020P) that connects my PC to the internet through an electrical outlet, and I just got a Powerline ac Wi-Fi kit (TL-WPA7517 // AC750) that I can't connect to the same network for the life of me. I tried connecting it using the WPS button on my router. Then, I tried downloading the TP-Link app only to find out the TP-Link I got wasn't yet compatible. 

I've tried following instruction that lead me to 192.168.0.254.

I tried other instructions that had me change some network settings and go to tplinkextender.net

I read multiple other threads and tried watching many videos to no avail. 

Ulitimately, I'm dumbfounded, properly lost and kind of on the verge of exasperation. 

I read the instruction 20 times over and I think it's clear I need some help. Can anyone help point me in the right direction to set up my (TL-WPA7517 // AC750) to my existing network?

My ISP is FIZZ and I have no idea what the issue is with my router's WSP, or why the extender doesn't seem to want to pair with its signal. I've tried clicking on the WSP followed by the "wifi" button on the extender, as indicated by the instructions. I've tried doing the inverse. I've tried holding the buttons for different amounts of time, and I've tried using the "pair" button instead of the "wifi" one as well. I've reset the extender to factory settings on multiple occasions, and I've tried doing all of the above when the two devices have been hardwire to one another and not. Like I said before, I have no idea why the signals aren't being sent and I clearly need some help. 

Thank you very much in advance :) 

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to manually change the extender's Wi-Fi settings
2022-07-26 03:27:48

Hello  @Flipvan 

Sorry for late reply, you could download tpPLC Utlity and click the Globe icon on Utility to log in web UI and change the wifi settings for wifi powerline unit 

How to customize wireless settings on tpPLC Utility (new logo)

Or youc could try to find the IP address of your wifi powerline unit, the router will allocate a new IP address (not 192.168.0.254 default IP anymore) for wifi plc unit, and the IP address can be found on router DHCP client list, you can also use PLC's IP address to login web page. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 193

Replies: 1