Setting up TP extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Setting up TP extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Setting up TP extender
Setting up TP extender
2022-07-20 22:41:23
Model: RE300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.8 Build 20211126 Rel. 67847

I'm having trouble setting the RE300 extender up with our new Verizon FiOS Gigabit router.

We've been using the extender for years with our old fios router that had a separate SSID for 2.4ghz and 5ghz. When setting up the extender you select the SSDI for each. The new router only has 1 name (it has Wi-Fi 6E technology if that means anything). I tried just using the same for both 2.4 and 5 but it's not working.

How do I go about setting it up now with only 1 SSDI?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Setting up TP extender
2022-07-22 00:47:14

Hello  @keekee66 

Can you check if the 2.4Ghz / 5Ghz Wi-Fi LED light up on the range extender and try some suggestions shared in this troubleshooting guide, thank you. 

Has connected to TP-Link extender but no internet, what can I do?

Router 's combined SSIDs shouldn't affect the installation of range extender, when router has the same SSIDs for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, the router still broadcasts 2 Wi-Fi SSIDs so extender need to scan for the 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi band first then 5Ghz SSID and connect to both Wi-Fi bands. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 604

Replies: 1

Related Articles