My PS4 wont connect to my rang extender on either 5GHz or 2.4GHz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-22 01:29:51
Tags: #PS4
Model: RE105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I set up my extnder and it will sometimes disconnect from my devices. Mostly my phone and the PS4. I can generally reconnect my phone, however my PS4 will not reconnect. I have tried both 5GHz and 2.4GHz neither will connect it continuously gives me the " could not connect in time limit" message. 

I have had to reconnect my extender a few different times and it still won't give me internet to my devices.

Options
1 Reply
Re:My PS4 wont connect to my rang extender on either 5GHz or 2.4GHz
2022-07-22 03:02:04 - last edited 2022-07-22 03:03:42

@EliJenesis 

Thank you for the feedback, when the phone and PS4 lost internet, do Wi-Fi / Signal LEDs stays On the range extender?

Is the model RE105, kindly note that this model is 2.4Ghz capable and does not have 5Ghz. 

• If so you could try  ' Case4 PS4 / IOS devices fail to connect to RE's Wi-Fi network or failed to get an IP address' in the troubleshooting guide below to manually configure RE's IP addresses 

Troubleshooting: Unable to Connect to WiFi Extender or Saying Incorrect Password

• Put your network devices closer to range extender and make sure they have strong Wifi signal from the extender

If still the same, may I know the model of your PS4 and the phones, how about the LED status on range extender when device lose connection? 

Options