internet disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

internet disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
internet disconnecting
internet disconnecting
2022-07-27 14:55:13 - last edited 2022-10-05 17:02:01
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.11.0 Build 220425 Rel.43193n(4555)

my internet keeps disconnecting every 30 min or so, disconnects for 1 - 3 min and then comes back up (LED goes red), keeps doing that all the time, tried to troubleshoot for a bit, found these two errors in sys log 

173 ERROR 0days, 00:44:59, [inetd]INETD: select error, abort.

174 WARNING 0days, 00:44:59, [cwmp]cwmp is not start

P.S: the cwmp is not even enabled on my router.

and yes i upgraded to the latest firmware and still have the same problem.

couldn't find any solution for them so i need some help :/

Options
1 Accepted Solution
[Solution] Archer C80 internet disconnecting-Solution
2022-10-11 08:27:44 - last edited 2022-10-11 08:27:53

Hello @zexy and all,

If any of you still experience an internet disconnecting issue when connecting the Archer C80 to your ISP network, and the internet LED becomes orange when the issue happens, it's suggested to try installing the below beta firmware that provided by our developing team and monitor the connectivity for some time:

Archer C80_V1_220930

Note: 
1. Please be sure you have read the Terms and Conditions for TP-Link Beta Firmware before proceeding!
2. This beta version applies to both the EU and US versions.

Do let me know if the beta firmware helps resolve the issue or not.

Recommended Solution
Options
37 Reply
Re:internet disconnecting
2022-07-28 06:11:15

Hi @zexy 

Please go through the troubleshooting suggestions we provided in the following thread, locate if the issue is caused by the ISP or the C80, then report back with the details:

Router Disconnects from Internet

Options
2022-08-08 01:12:52

@Kevin_Z after a long time of troubleshooting. it turns out to be the router that's causing the drop, I tried a new router and the internet didn't drop, according to my ISP, my router was able to ask for 426 leases!! and thus kept dropping internet every 30 min, now is there a fix for that?

Options
2022-08-08 02:53:57

@zexy 

Thank you for getting back. Can I know who is your ISP?

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up. Please send us the whole system log on the C80, then we will try to investigate and provide a solution.

Options
2022-08-09 16:45:03

@zexy my ISP is called Sunet (university internet), and where do i send you the sys log?

Options
2022-08-10 01:05:48

@zexy 

You can send the system log via email, we sent you an email on 8 Aug and the ticket ID is TKID220808510, please check if you have received it.

Options
2022-08-30 17:57:20

@Kevin_Z 
Hi Kevin, I updated my Archer C80 for that newer firmware which is 1.11.0 Build 220425 Rel.43193n(4555) and I am experiencing the same issues as @zexy!
I even called my internet provider company and they sent their team to my house. They investigated their line and from their side everything was perfect.
After updating, I noticed that my router (Archer C80) is constantly dropping internet connection on the ethernet cable which is connected to the main PC and Wi-Fi is dropping the same. After those drops, devices that were connected to the Wi-Fi try to reconnect but it takes around 10min to 20min for them to successfully reconnect.
The only solution, for now, it seems like rebooting the router but it does not work every time.

The problem is 100% the firmware (1.11.0 Build 220425 Rel.43193n(4555).
I had no issues at all before updating my router, even once, everything worked perfectly.

Please inform your team regarding that issue.
Is there any chance to downgrade to the previous firmware cause on the tp-link website for the drivers it says that you can not downgrade the firmware after installing a newer one.

Options
2022-08-31 01:49:07

@AmoN112 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Before escalating your case to our support engineers, I would like to confirm the below details:

1. Who is your ISP? What kind of WAN Connection Type do you use on the C80?

2. When the internet drops on the C80, does the internet LED on the C80 turn orange or stay green? If you login to the web GUI, is there still a WAN IP address?

3. Please check the basic suggestions we provided here, then send us the system log on the C80. When emailing the system log, please be sure it includes the disconnect and reconnect behavior, thank you.

Options
2022-09-20 17:26:09
And that makes 3 of us... and I am also 100% sure thay the firmware update caused this, because: I didn't have ANY problems with the router for more than a year already, however I decided to change the Channel, but unfortunately I couldn't remember my Admin password (therefore no Firmware updates have been made to the router), so I had to Reset it and after the Reset I saw a new Firmware is available and logically I have updated and from there on: - The router keeps disconnecting from the internet every 10-20 minutes or so. - I reset the router again and left ALL the default settings (in case I messed something up during the previous setup), but nope, same issue - I tried with an old router and voala, it works without any issues. So, is there a resolution for this problem already? Because I've paid for this router and it's not working, because of a faulty update. Of course I can send the system log, ISP details etc. etc. but obviously this will not solve the problem....
Options
2022-09-22 08:38:56

Same here. After upgraded to newest version, internet is disconnecting and wifi module is broken (never getting up). Comparing system logs (before/after upgrade) it looks like inetd has some serious problems.

Additionally, now it takes more than 6 min to reboot router while before upgrade it was about 30s

Options
2022-09-22 09:42:51 - last edited 2022-09-22 09:47:25

@Kevin_Z or someone else from the TP-Link Team can you please comment, because it seems this is a real issue with the latest Firmware and probably all users of this router are experiencing the same problem.

Are the Firmware developers aware of the issue? Are they working on a solution? When we can expect  a solution to be rolled out?

Of course many of the people are probably not aware of the TP-Link community, however it is more than obvious that the Firmware is broken.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 5377

Replies: 41

Related Articles