internet disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

internet disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
37 Reply
[Solution] Archer C80 internet disconnecting-Solution
2022-10-11 08:27:44 - last edited 2022-10-11 08:27:53

Hello @zexy and all,

If any of you still experience an internet disconnecting issue when connecting the Archer C80 to your ISP network, and the internet LED becomes orange when the issue happens, it's suggested to try installing the below beta firmware that provided by our developing team and monitor the connectivity for some time:

Archer C80_V1_220930

Note: 
1. Please be sure you have read the Terms and Conditions for TP-Link Beta Firmware before proceeding!
2. This beta version applies to both the EU and US versions.

Do let me know if the beta firmware helps resolve the issue or not.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
[Solution] Archer C80 internet disconnecting
2022-10-11 08:32:46

@Kevin_Z I can confirm that this Beta Firmware DOES NOT resolve the issue which we have. I used it for a week, without any luck, so I switched back to my old router which works fine.

Options
2022-10-11 08:48:32

@Kevin_Z 

I got the beta firmware two days ago and I didn't have any disconnects since then (had 20+ disconnects per day before). So it definitely helped in my case.

Options
2022-10-11 09:36:27

straightup wrote

@Kevin_Z I can confirm that this Beta Firmware DOES NOT resolve the issue which we have. I used it for a week, without any luck, so I switched back to my old router which works fine.

@straightup 

Thank you very much for your feedback and follow-up.

Since this disconnect issue may be triggered by special network settings, so the issue you are experiencing may need to be analyzed further. Please continue to work with our support engineers and I hope they can help sort it out.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-10-11 09:37:51

MarcoM wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I got the beta firmware two days ago and I didn't have any disconnects since then (had 20+ disconnects per day before). So it definitely helped in my case.

@MarcoM That's very good! I'm happy to hear the internet is stable now with the beta firmware. Keep monitoring the connectivity and let me know if there is anything new that comes up.

Options
2022-10-13 14:21:54

@Kevin_Z 

I'm testing the beta version and so far everything is working without any previous problems. I'll keep testing and let you know if anything changes.

Options
2022-10-22 22:14:30

@Sharpens 

Everything works fine without a single connection drop.

Options
2022-10-30 23:07:54

@Kevin_Z 

A couple of days ago I came by here looking for info on the solution to the exact same issue. Random disconnects/drop of synch from my Cogeco (St. Catharines Ontario Canada) cable modem. I had tried all else including getting a new cable modem from Cogeco and no joy.

Saw the posted beta firmware and applied it. Almost 72 hours now and not a single drop/loss of synch, so I would msay, considering nothing else was changed in the rig, that the beta firmware did the trick!

Thanks @Kevin_Z for posting it. Made like a good doobie and came back to report/post on the efficacy for you :{)=

Cheers

D

Kevin_Z wrote

Hello @zexy and all,

If any of you still experience an internet disconnecting issue when connecting the Archer C80 to your ISP network, and the internet LED becomes orange when the issue happens, it's suggested to try installing the below beta firmware that provided by our developing team and monitor the connectivity for some time:

Archer C80_V1_220930

Note: 
1. Please be sure you have read the Terms and Conditions for TP-Link Beta Firmware before proceeding!
2. This beta version applies to both the EU and US versions.

Do let me know if the beta firmware helps resolve the issue or not.

Options
2022-11-03 16:04:48

Hello, @Kevin_Z 

I have this version for a week, when I did the update I was using the router in AP mode, yesterday I changed it to router mode and the IPS to bridge mode.  After this change, the error reoccurred.

Options
2022-11-04 09:49:30

@Pedr0x 

If that is the case, I would suggest continuing to work with our engineers via email to debug and find a solution. Your previous ticket ID is TKID220805451, you can reply to it directly to get contact with the engineers.

Options
Related Articles