Many people with slow connections on 5Ghz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-01 09:58:23 - last edited 2022-08-02 01:06:37
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: Latest Update

I looks like I have finally got my RE450 to connect to 5G SID 

I use this as a extender. The extender connects to home router via wireless, and I plug my laptop directly into the the extender. 

I do it this way because my laptop only as 2.4Ghz wireless card., So I basically use the extender as my access point and plug directly into it via CAT5E cable 

My internet connection here is 300mbps. I have a 1Gbps network card with latest drivers. I cannot get speed above 54mbps and the RE450 is only 4.5 meters away from the main router. 

Have latest firmware from support. Still this device does not perform as advertised. I don't recommend this product all at 

So many people here have advised of this issue in the forum. And no comments any any of them from TPLINK. 

This device needs a mass recall and mass refunds or upgrades/replacements. 

Tried with two different home routers and many different channels including the recommended ones 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Many people with slow connections on 5Ghz
2022-08-02 06:20:34 - last edited 2022-08-02 06:24:39

Hello   @Not-routed 

Glad to know that your RE now connects to 5Ghz of router finally.

As your laptop is connected to router via Ethernet cable, when test speed, please turn off the Wifi feature on your laptop and test the wired speed.

For dual-band router and dual-band router,   you could set RE in high-speed mode and RE will link to the router via 5Ghz and see if speed gets higher: 

How to configure High Speed Mode in my Range Extender (new logo)

To check if the speed is reasonable, you could refer to the thread below to test speed and help provide the information below: 

What should I do if Internet speed becomes slow via Range Extender?

1.  Router's 5Ghz Wi-Fi speed test results at extender's location (RE's received speed from the router)

2.  RE's wired speed test

3. Wired Link speed between router and PC 

How to check the associated/link speed on a wired client

4. What is the model of router 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 363

Replies: 1

Related Articles