Can I make the local network available when the internet is down?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-01 12:07:16
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 20210607

I recently lost my internet connection due to an infrastructure fault in my local area. The fault is now resolved but I was wondering why my local wireless network was also unavailable when the external internet connection went down.

I have a NAS and a local media server that I would have liked to be able to access when our internet access was unavailable, but the Deco M4 mesh was unabl eto allow devices to see each other.

Is this something  that I can configure my M4 mesh to do, and if so, how?

Thank you!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can I make the local network available when the internet is down?
2022-08-02 03:34:47

@stuarthoughton 

Hi, Are the NAS and the local media server connected to the main Deco via Ethernet cable?

If yes, it is suggested to refer to this link for more details: WAN/LAN auto-sensing

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-02 15:03:14

@David-TP No, both are wireless devices

Options
2022-08-04 07:54:02

@stuarthoughton 

Hi, if possible, are you able to manually reproduce this issue, such as temporarily unplugging ISP cable modem from main M4?

If yes, could you please provided a picture of the current network layout, such as:

At the same time, please also check whether NAS and the media server could still get the valid IP address and ping each other.

By the way, I see from your TP-Link ID, that there is a 3-pack Deco S4, not M4 and could you please help me check the model number again?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options