Guest Network not working on Deco X20-DSL mesh network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-02 14:38:17
Model: Deco X20-DSL  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

Hello,

I have my network set up in the following manner but Im strugling to get internet access through one of my Deco's. I live in a old thick walled farmhouse so wireless networking is very difficult. I have therefore tried to get some backhaul working through my power cables. I have been semi-sucessful as my main network is working in the configuration but not my Guest network.

1. I have a DSL line, 100Meg.
  2. DSL connects to a Deco X20-DSL
  3. I have 2 Deco M5's connecting to my Deco X20-DSL wirelessly downstairs.
  4. I then cable my Deco X20-DSL into a Passthough Powerline TP-Link TL-PA9030P kit to my second floor.
  5. On the second floor, I come out the Powerline, cabled into a Deco M9 Plus.
  6. I have therefore created a backhaul using Powerline, well I hope I have.

I am able to get intenet wirelessly upstairs when connected to my main wifi but when I change over to my guest network I can connect to the Guest network but there is no intenet.

In the App, my GuestNet now has a VLAN ID of 591 and Ive read up that a VLAN needs to be configured on my router but I cannot see any options on my Deco X20-DSL.

An addiiotnal problem I have it that on my Deco app, I can see data on whos connected to my M5's but not for my M9 Plus.

Any assistence apprecaited.

Regards

Ian

Options
5 Reply
Re:Guest Network not working on Deco X20-DSL mesh network
2022-08-03 10:04:57 - last edited 2022-08-03 10:51:11

@IanE2 

Thank you very much for the feedback.

It seems like the Ethernet Backhaul created via powerline adapters, not network switches might have some issue with the tagged guest network packets.

I am checking with the senior engineers now and will update here at once if there is any further news.

Thank you.

Best Regards.

Options
2022-08-03 11:03:09

@David-TP Thanks for responding, I agree. I have been able to solve part of my problem, but the smaller part. I replaced both M5's with M9 Plus, then  I used the update tool to update the M 9's to the latest software. The result was that I can now see where the Deco's are getting their source and the Power line back haul is working as I had hoped.

This still leaves the Guest network only working when downstairs, ie receiving signal from the Mesh from Deco's pre-power line and not working from signals form a Deco post Power line signal.

Hopefully TP-Link will take the time to consider my problem and give some advice.

Cheers

Ian

Options
2022-08-04 07:09:27

@IanE2 

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

The powerline adapters would transfer the tagged VLAN data.

The issue might be somewhere else and there is a beta firmware available for test.

Please refer to the private message to install the beta firmware and check whether it could fix the current issue.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-15 14:18:44

@David-TP Hi, What is the release date for the x96 and whats its difference to the xe73?

Options
2022-08-16 11:23:26

@IanE2 

As for Deco X96, you could refer to this link:

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/204910?replyId=1008410

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 542