Archer AX50 USB problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX50 USB problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer AX50 USB problem
Archer AX50 USB problem
2022-08-04 07:34:36 - last edited 2022-08-04 10:32:11
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20210730 rel.54485(4555)

I feel lied since this is the second router having issues. My first archer A7 has similar problems with USB, i thought it was an isolated problem, but since my new AX50 has the same, I probably am never going to buy from you guys unless you deliver what you offer.

1st some things that I am not happy about are facts that other products from the same line - AX10 and 20 offer more than the high ranked product AX50 like One Mesh, WPA3 and CPU with more cores. I was in a hurry to buy a new router and I decided that the higher class, which is also more expensive, should deliver better and more, surely not less than the others, but anyways.

Let's get back to the USB, initially advertised as USB3. Well 6MB/s write speed is a joke compared to 3 to 4 times faster speed on a PC with the same drive, but even that is not so bad, I could accept it if only USB worked properly.

For the few days that I am using the device I see similar problems like the old TP-link router. USB share (SMB) just vanishes and stops working randomly from a few hours to a few days. The only solution is to rescan the USB and it appears again. This is just not acceptable, It is unusable.

Please provide fixed firmware as soon as possible, otherwise I won't buy from you again, and I will share my experience with every forum discussing network equipment, so people don't get fooled.

Please Do something and prove your products are worth buying.

Suggestion to check the smb share itself and rescan on failure, but a better solution would be to prevent it from happening in the first place.

Interesting thing is that FTP and media share still work, but SMB does not. It was the same on my old router.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer AX50 USB problem
2022-08-04 14:04:08

@PROX1MO 

Hi,

Can you map the network path \\TP-Share\G to another drive letter than "Z:" and then check if the problem still occurrs? (try to use a letter that you are sure you have never used before on this installation of Windows, like S:, T:, U:, V: or whatever)

Options
2022-08-04 16:38:49 - last edited 2022-08-05 07:55:45

I have tried with different letters, but this is not a problem in the Windows machine, since 2 other devices lose connection at the same time. If SCAN is pressed in the menu, share is accessible again everywhere. When problems occurs, share is not accessible also by IP and share name.

Options
2022-08-05 13:19:54

@PROX1MO 

Ok, I see. Then this must be a unique problem that can only be troubleshooted further by someone from TP-Link.

I can only tell you that I have been using an AX50 router myself since May 2020, with an USB thumb drive plugged into it that I am accessing regularly, and I haven't encountered this problem yet.

Options
2022-08-08 20:59:23

You can see the logs, Interestingly it is reported as connected to led controller type error. After (re)SCAN Minidlna, FTP and SMB are restarted and service is restored.
Error MSG
[1419] Failed to read USB3

Options
2022-08-09 03:47:15

@PROX1MO 

Can I have the brand and model of the USB drive plugged into the AX50 USB port? How about its format?

Have you ever tested with another USB drive?

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I would like to forward your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up. Thank you.

Options
2022-08-09 06:08:05
Different formats, different drives. Currently 32GB USB3.1 Transcend (JetFlash 710), NTFS Formated. It was the same on my old router Archer A7
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1034

Replies: 8

Related Articles