Archer C50 use for wi-fi range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-04 09:47:22 - last edited 2022-08-04 11:18:44
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I need some information about Archer C50 router: I need to use it as a range extender, for what I see in the User Guide it can be used so since it has WDS Bridge option. Since I cannot see the actual Hardware version in Amazon item details I'd like to know if the WDS Bridge is available for any possible HW version of this model.

Another question.... I could have the necessity to use it as primary AP, my ISP has PPPoE direct connection (user and psw). Again I can see in the User Guide that the C50 can also be used in this way, can anyone confirm it?

I need to know these info because I must change the Archer C6 I've already purchased on Amazon because it does not have the WDS option, so I can use it only as primary AP (but now I have a router provided by my ISP so I don't need it anymore, but could use another router as range extender and eventually as a backup if the first one should stop working....My ISP is not exactly fast to change it lol)

Thank you for your help!

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Archer C50 use for wi-fi range extender-Solution
2022-08-04 10:43:47 - last edited 2022-08-04 11:18:44

@terziyski 

Thanks for the reply!

I cannot find the WDS feature in the WebGUI, here it's what I can see:

Somewhere I've read that this feature is not present in Archer C6 Model (cannot understand why.... but so it is...)

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-08-04 10:48:55 - last edited 2022-08-04 11:18:46

@Valar75 

You can't see the WDS option since you're using Archer C6 in AP mode. If you switch the device in 'Router' mode it will be where I pointed to.

Here's the difference between 'Router' and 'AP mode'.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C50 use for wi-fi range extender
2022-08-04 10:22:40 - last edited 2022-08-04 10:24:24

@Valar75 

Archer C6 should have WDS feature implemented in its WebGUI:

Advanced > System Tools > System Parameters - here's how to configure.

Depending on HW version Archer C50 has this option.

Older HW versions:

Newer HW versions:

As for the PPPoE connection, this is a standard WAN connection type, which every router has. 

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-08-04 10:43:47 - last edited 2022-08-04 11:18:44

@terziyski 

Thanks for the reply!

I cannot find the WDS feature in the WebGUI, here it's what I can see:

Somewhere I've read that this feature is not present in Archer C6 Model (cannot understand why.... but so it is...)

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-08-04 10:48:55 - last edited 2022-08-04 11:18:46

@Valar75 

You can't see the WDS option since you're using Archer C6 in AP mode. If you switch the device in 'Router' mode it will be where I pointed to.

Here's the difference between 'Router' and 'AP mode'.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer C50 use for wi-fi range extender
2022-08-04 10:59:29

@terziyski 

Yes! Soon after I replied to your previous answer I tried to switch to Router mode and..... It was there! Now it works!

Thank you for your help I really appreciated it!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 818

Replies: 5

Related Articles