AX55 Cannot Stay on DFS Channels

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-04 12:52:03
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20220428 rel.64552(4341)

Bought the AX55 for DFS channel operation....  very disappointed with it as it will not remain on a DFS channel, keeps changing to an non-DFS channel or another DFS channel.  I've had this router for months and I give up so I'm posting here hoping to get some help.  It will change channels in hours or days.

I'm operating the AX55 in AP mode with a RE450 and RE315 in the network.  I've tried without the extenders, with only one extender and with the RE315 in mesh and regular mode, nothing works.  What is worse is that when the AX switches channels some times the extender don't follow and keep transmitting on the original channel, or they do switch to the new channel but without internet connection.  As you can imagine this really screws up my home network, since devices connect to the extenders with internet.  I must reboot the extenders to get them on track again.  One time, I rebooted the RE450 and when it went to the proper channel, it caused the AX55 to switch channels again!  Need this fixed as it is very frustrating!  Until this is fixed I cannot recommend the AX55 to anyone, especially anyone wanting DFS functionality. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:AX55 Cannot Stay on DFS Channels
2022-08-05 02:06:19

@Jerry_K 

Can you confirm that AX55 is working in AP mode? If yes, you cannot set up a Onemesh network with the extenders, as Onemesh is only available in Router mode.

Please check and ensure the firmware versions of both the AX55 and the two range extenders are up-to-date.

Regarding the DFS channels, the AX55 will need to do a scan with a local radar all the time. If the selected DFS channel is occupied it will renegotiate to an open and non-DFS channel automatically, that's why you see the channel changes to others. You can get a better understanding by reading this article:

Brief introduction of DFS function

Since the DFS channel is not stable in your network, I would suggest choosing some other unoccupied channels on the AX55 to monitor the performance and connectivity.

Options
2022-08-05 13:17:43

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for the response!   I'm positive that when I first set up the router it was as an AP, but now indicates it is operating as a wireless router.  Not sure how this is possible as the router is connected directly to the ADSL modem via ethernet.  The AX55 is the only WiFi I'm using, this would explain why the OneMesh is available, but I have not been using it.  Should I reconfigure back to AP?

I'm in an area where I'm sure there is no radar signal.  I've seen the AX55 switch to another DFS channel on its own, but never come back to the programmed DFS channel.  I've programmed the AX55 to the DFS is switched to on its own, but eventually it switched to another non-DFS channel.   From channel scans with a WiFi app on my phone I can see neighbours using DFS channels successfully.

All firmware is at the latest versions for all devices.

Options
2022-08-08 06:18:42

@Jerry_K 

If you need to use Onemesh between the AX55 and the extenders, then you need to keep the AX55 working in Router mode.

Regarding the DFS channel issue, I would like to escalate the case to our support engineers, who will contact you via your registered email, please check your email box and follow it up. Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 493

Replies: 3