AX55 Router - Intermittently Loses Internet Connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-05 14:07:01 - last edited 2022-08-08 09:23:31
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20220428 rel.64552(4341)

I recently received a replacement router through warranty.

The box says AX3000, but the info through the router's setup page (192.168.0.1) says it is an Archer X55.

I believe I have seen other posts of this problem.  Intermittently, and often, I the router loses internet connectivity. The light on the front goes OFF, then goes Orange, and then a few moments later (say 7 seconds) comes back green.  In that time, I will experience issues with devices over WiFi.

I use WiFi calling. I will have dropped calls or won't be able to hear the person for a few seconds. Playing games on the Nintendo Switch will cause connection faults and brutal lag.  I also use Tidal (music streaming app) on my phone to go through my Bluesound Node2i network streamer on my home theatre system and when I lose connection the music stops for like 10 seconds.

My older Archer C7 router DOES NOT have this problem. I used it while my new router was sent away.

I have replaced the modem. I have reset the modem.  I have done previous, basic requests from TP-Link support like changes the Primary/Secondary DNS to google's. Thus far - no change.

I believe the issue is an odd one with binding MAC addresses between router and modem or a firmware issue with the router.

If this can't be resolved, how do I go about getting a refund.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:AX55 Router - Intermittently Loses Internet Connectivity-Solution
2022-08-08 03:38:52 - last edited 2022-08-08 09:23:31

Hello @Bagaloo 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

It's recommended to check the solution we provided in the following thread and confirm if it fixes the internet dropping issue on the Archer AX55:

[Solution] Archer AX55 internet keeps dropping

If the solution doesn't help, please go through the troubleshooting suggestions in the following thread, then report to the support engineers via email for further follow-up:

Router Disconnects from Internet

Please let me know if this fixes the issue or not.

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:AX55 Router - Intermittently Loses Internet Connectivity-Solution
2022-08-08 03:38:52 - last edited 2022-08-08 09:23:31

Hello @Bagaloo 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

It's recommended to check the solution we provided in the following thread and confirm if it fixes the internet dropping issue on the Archer AX55:

[Solution] Archer AX55 internet keeps dropping

If the solution doesn't help, please go through the troubleshooting suggestions in the following thread, then report to the support engineers via email for further follow-up:

Router Disconnects from Internet

Please let me know if this fixes the issue or not.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:AX55 Router - Intermittently Loses Internet Connectivity
2022-08-08 18:01:28

@Kevin_Z 

I have installed the BETA Firmware.  I know have "TP-LINK Beta" as a background within the router's web interface. I will most definately be monitoring and will report back. Thank you.

Options
2022-09-27 17:59:09

@Bagaloo 

By in large, the issue as previously described has been resolved. Tidal Connect really no longer stops/stutters and the internet connectivity seems to no longer drop and reconnect constantly.

Recently, however, a new issue.

I use WiFi Calling on my cell-phone. Regular reception sucks. Where WiFi connectivity and strength is otherwise very strong I have recently had numerious different people tell me while I am talking that the connection is very poor and keeps dropping. This wasn't happening in the past, and now has started up.

Thoughts?

Options
2022-09-28 07:06:08

@Bagaloo 

Are you running with the latest official firmware on the AX55 as I previously updated in my previous reply? Can you please confirm what is the detailed firmware version displayed on your router web?

Please read this thread and confirm if any suggestion will work if Wi-Fi Calling still doesn't work properly.

Options
2022-09-30 00:51:27

@Kevin_Z 

I am using the BETA driver that you provided a link to. I would not call that an "official" firmware.  The router's page is suggesting an update to the firmware. Is there something newer I should be now using since that beta?

FIRMWARE (BETA) version installed: 1.1.0 Build 20220622 rel.36844(4341)

Options
2022-09-30 00:56:49

@Kevin_Z 

For what is worth, I just updated the Firmware.

Firmware Version is now: 1.1.1 Build 20220621 rel.71166(4341)

Options
2022-09-30 01:48:16

@Bagaloo 

Yes, you can upgrade and install the latest official version now.

Feel free to let me know if there is anything new that comes up.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1587

Replies: 7