TL-PA9025P device isn't responding anymore

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-06 22:55:26
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: never updated.

Dear support,

I bought last year a TL-PA9025P kit. I have never had any issue since then, however one of the devices stopped working last week (without any apparent reason).

Additional information:

- The device on the internet router's side (A) is the one that is defective; it is not detected anymore by the tpPLC software on windows10, whereas the second device (B) is.

- The device A had a strange LED behavior: both power LED and Ethernet LED were blinking at different pace when I went to check it after loosing internet the internet connection on my computer. Unpluging and pluging the device didn't change the behavior. When I pressed for 10+ seconds the Pair button to reset the device, both LEDs stopped blinking. Since then, it can't get even one blink.

When I connect the device A to the power supply, and to my computer with an Ethernet cable, it is not detected in the Network and Internet tab of windows.

Thank you in advance for your help and your time,

Best Regards,
BD

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-PA9025P device isn't responding anymore
2022-08-09 01:58:35 - last edited 2022-08-09 01:58:47

Hello   @Base_ 

Thanks for starting a detailed post,you could try a factory reset on the unit which has abnormal Led

• Factory Reset Wired Powerline unit:

Keep pressing the pair button until all the LEDs flash once   

From the description, the main adapter connected to router could be defective, it is recommended to reach retailer to check device warranty. 

Options
2022-08-09 10:18:32

@Solla-topee Thank you for your reply. I've tried this as well; I pressed the button for almost a minute. Nothing changed.

Can I try anything else?

Otherwise, I'll get in contact with the retailer.

Thank you again for your time,

B

Options
2022-08-09 11:23:47 - last edited 2022-08-10 00:56:34

Hello   @Base_ 

As piece of hardware can not be detected by the computer (no Ethernet connection detection), so far there isn't much to try , you could reach retailer to check warranty. 

Thank you for your time with troubleshooting. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 300

Replies: 3