Wifi range decreased after upgrading to latest firmware.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-08 12:24:15
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.16 v0001.0 Build 181213 Rel.63587n

Hi TP Link Support/ Community,

I have been using Archer C20 since 4 years now and never had any issue for WIFI range and Internet connectivity was very smooth but after recent firmware upgrade I am not getting range in some areas of my house where I was getting perfect range previously.

Could you please suggest a solution to fix this issue?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wifi range decreased after upgrading to latest firmware.
2022-08-11 07:13:21

@kinju4374 

Did you upgrade to the 181213 version recently? This version was released almost 3 years ago, and we didn't find similar reports about the coverage issue you experienced.

If the wireless coverage is not as good as before, please go through the following FAQ to do some basic troubleshooting, and try changing some wireless settings on the router, then monitor the performance:

How to improve my wireless speed or range

Meanwhile, there are 6 tips on where to place the router for the best coverage: https://www.tp-link.com/en/blog/87/.

Options
2022-08-12 08:20:24

@Kevin_Z 

Yes, I upgraded recently only, I will check the steps which you have provided and will let you know.

Options
2022-08-17 09:43:54
Hi @Kevin_Z, I tried all the suggested options but nothing worked. The problem is I forgot to take a backup before upgrading the firmware, is there a way to rest it to previous version?
Options