"Realme7 5g" phone having issues with fast roaming feature

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-08 17:24:53
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, each and every time I try to enable the "fast roaming" on my mesh deco x20 system, it starts to misbehave. It is either keeps disconnecting from wifi, or keeps holding on to the far unit (which signal is weak) instead of switching to the close unit which is 10 feet away.

As soon as I turn off the feature, the smartphone wifi connection becomes stable. But obviously without the ability to seamlessly switch between the mesh units as I travel in my house.

This is very annoying, and I can't figure out how to fix this.

Can anyone suggest?

Is that a known issue?

I've asked the deco support, but they sent me some boilerplate mail saying that some clients can keep holding to the weaker signal for some reason...

Options
5 Reply
Re:"Realme7 5g" phone having issues with fast roaming feature
2022-08-09 07:53:20

@Maximum71 did you try "forgetting" the network on your phone and then rejoining it again after turning fast roaming on?

Options
2022-08-09 08:31:50

@JuzDU Yes, I did. No help.

Options
2022-08-09 09:46:16

@Maximum71 

Hi, have you tried to turn off the "Mesh Technology" on the Realme7 5g with fast roaming enabled to see whether it could stabilize the connection?

Options
2022-08-09 14:49:31 - last edited 2022-08-09 14:51:23

@David-TP Yes, that's exactly how i configured my current setup, to have at least some stability, while leaving the 'fast roaming' feature on.
Currently the 'mesh' option is disabled for my Realme7, and the 'fast roaming' is enabled.
With This setup the phone isnt dicsonnecting all the time as it used to be, but it is not migrating neither. It keeps holding to the farest node, although it's signal is very weak.

Options
2022-11-22 12:26:19

@Maximum71 

Hi, I'm having the same issues with a realme 9 I just purchased.

The only way I could get things working ok was to remove the deco security, No password for network. Now everything is working as it should. Not so execute though....

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 452

Replies: 5

Related Articles