Port forwarding not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-10 07:57:26
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Apologies if this has duplicate posted - my profile shows a post as having been made but it's not showing up.

Wondering if anyone has any advice to help me forward ports.

Set up is: ADSL2+ modem -> main deco M4 -> 2x other M4 units in mesh

Main computer is connected via ethernet to main deco and this is the computer I'm trying to port forward to.

The main deco unit shows an internal IP as its WAN so presumably there is a double NAT issue.

I have used the deco app to forward the appropriate ports to the main computer (and so also has a static internal IP). I have also opened the same ports to the main deco unit through the modem software, however telnet shows I cannot communicate through the ports I have tried to open.

I have tried making the main deco a DMZ host, tried turning off the modem firewall, have activated UPnP but still the ports are closed.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Port forwarding not working
2022-08-11 01:37:03

@Bengu 

Hi, welcome to the community.

The first post was on the US community and I moved it to the EN. Now you should be able to see it.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/577026

Could you please help me run a simple test:

1. please change Deco M4 into access point mode.How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

2. Then we only need to open ports on the DSL modem router.

After that, please check whether these ports are open or closed this time.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-11 05:12:26

@David-TP  Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I tried changing the deco to access point mode and ensured the ports were opened and forwarded to the correct internal IP address on the ADSL modem - but unfortunately they are still closed.

Options
2022-08-11 05:41:27

@Bengu 

In this way, I think the port forwarding function on the ADSL modem router might be the problem. It hasn't been configured properly or there are other settings that have been missed.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 687

Replies: 3

Related Articles