What are the differences between TL-SG105PE V1 and V2?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-13 14:43:38 - last edited 2022-08-13 14:45:39
Tags: #V2
Model: TL-SG105PE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: N/A

Hi All,

few days ago I bought a TL-SG105PE (still in the box) to power my IP cameras but looking at the support page i noticed there are two versions of the switch, V1 and V2.

I have the V1. 

Before buying more than one to power all the cameras, I would like to know what are the differences between the two versions, in particular about features missing in the V1 or hardware issues fixed in the V2.

I also wonder if exist an 8 port MANAGED version of this switch.

Thanks.

Regards.

Daniele

Options
4 Reply
Re:What are the differences between TL-SG105PE V1 and V2?
2022-08-18 11:34:46

@jdaniele 

Hi, normally the managed/smart switch has more than 12 ports and currently there hasn't been a 8 port MANAGED version.

For TL-SG105PE, I don't think V1 is still available in stock and V2 is more recommended.

I checked the information on the V1 and V2, Most of the features are the same and they even share the same data sheet. So far, I haven't seen the an obvious difference between these two versions.

If there is any feature that you are mostly concerned, I would love to have a double-check for you.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-18 22:50:25 - last edited 2022-08-18 22:54:05

@TP-Link Dear support, 

I bought the V1 few days ago on Amazon, so it is still in stock (unfortunately?).

When you say "Most of the features are the same" do you mean "most but not all"? Which ones?

I think that to change the hardware revision and consequently the production line, there should be something important to change in the product.

So i really would like to know WHAT and WHY.

It could be about something working not so good, or to add a new functionaliy/compatibility at the hardware level. Who knows?

I thank you for your effort, but I think it is a bit weird that the TP-Link support has no contact with the TP-Link engineers or has no technical datasheet to discover the hardware differences.

As i wrote, I need to buy 2 more TL-SG105PE switches but at this point, without any information, i really don't know what to do.

I have 30 days to return back my V1, but if the difference is about something i don't care, there is no point in returning it.

I actually searched the V2 on internet but i found it in greek sites only. I wonder why.

Any idea?

Thanks, best regards.

Daniele

Options
2022-08-23 01:28:57

@jdaniele 

Hi, you could find TL-SG105PE on the global EN official website as well as US and UK sites:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/tl-sg105pe/v2/#Firmware

You are right about "most but not all" otherwise there is no point for a new hardware version. And when I said "Most of the features are the same", I mean based on the datasheet of TL-SG105PE provided by the engineers, the V2 and V1 have no difference. But usually they would not share all the information about this products, only the frequently asked specifications.

Normally I think if the two versions have a huge difference, we might not see it as V2, maybe a completely different model, LS105PE for example.

Thank you very much,

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-23 21:36:42

@TP-Link 

Hi, when i wrote I can't find the V2, I meant, the V2 to buy, not about support pages of TP-Link i found and read before asking to the community here.

Anyway, I already have bought two more TL-SG105PE because i needed them to complete my IP camera system.

About the engineers, ok, I see, but that's a pity.

They probably want to keep secret any board design flaws of V1, otherwise maybe no one will buy it anymore. Who knows....indecision

If you really know the engineers, you could tell them "Hey guys, there is a very curious and PITA user that would like to know the real TL-SG105PE V1 -> V2 improvements. Could you help him?"

I don't think that the difference must be huge, but just "big" enough to make a new hardware version of the same product.

Thanks to you.

Best regards.

Daniele

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 940

Replies: 4

Tags

V2