Deco giving false speed data

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-15 20:56:47
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.4 Build 20220113

Hi All

We have an E4 Deco mesh system with 4 units.

The speed of the network has been slow lately, so I have updated the firmware and rebooted all the units from the app. However, the speeds shown on the app fluctuate wildly and are wrong. For example the main deco goes from 0 to 14 kbps to 30Mbps on the app, when in reailty it is putting out 70M.

Also, I am having problems getting the mesh to work properly. So all the units want to take a signal from the main one, not the nearest.

Any tips appreciated please.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco giving false speed data
2022-08-16 08:39:51

@Vizard 

Hi, " the speed goes from 0 to 14 kbps to 30Mbps on the app, when in reality it is putting out 70M." It displays the real-time speed rate on the Deco, not the maximum internet speed Deco is capable of which could be tested via speedtest.net. Usually, the speed rate here is just for reference.

As for the signal source, it is suggested to have a look at this link:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/276958

It is not always bad if all the satellite units are linked to the main Deco and we'd love to know if you had experienced any issues(like slow speed and instability) when satellite units are not connected to the nearest Deco.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco giving false speed data
2022-08-16 08:51:09

@Vizard 

@David-TP 

Our main deco is in an outbuilding (where the broadband comes in).

Currently, the nearest Deco in the main building takes its signal from there. It's on the ground floor. So far, so good.

Immediately above that Deco on the first floor is another Deco. On occasions, I have managed to get it to connect to the first Deco in the main building and, when I do, signal and speed are good.

However, most of the time, the 1st floor Deco wants to connect to the main Deco in the outbuilding. In which case signal is weaker and speed slower.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 259

Replies: 2