Powerline Led keeps blinking and the internet connection gets really weak and slow.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Powerline Led keeps blinking and the internet connection gets really weak and slow.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-16 20:42:41 - last edited 2022-08-16 20:49:35
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.3.1.2141-00_401_013_171025_901

Hello, my powerline receiver's second led (the powerline led) keeps blinking and I don't know why. 
Every time it blinks the internet connection gets really slow and weak and it seems to start blinking in very specific time of the day, like during the evening and morning, although sometimes this changes but it's always oddly scheduled.
I tried to turn off powersave mode but it does nothing what so ever, I also tried to plug and unplug, restart them, factory reset, etc... it's really annoying, it's been like this for almost 2 months now.

Someone has any idea what to do?

Thank you.

Edit: My powerline is Av600, I saw a post claiming to have the same issue but only for a day, mine as been like this for a long time.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline Led keeps blinking and the internet connection gets really weak and slow.
2022-08-17 01:20:41

Hello  @za99 

You could try to disable power-save mode for the powerline kit first. 

How to enable/disable power saving mode on powerline adapters

Try a different wall socket for the main or extend powerline unit in case there is some interference near the socket

Then try to move the powerline kit closer to each other or test them in the same room. 

If still the same, you could try to reset the powerline kit and repair them, with power save mode off and observe if the house led will flash again.

Here is how to factory reset your powerline unit by tpPLC Utility: 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1612/    

If still the same, may I know was there any thunderstorm/ power outage happened to the powerline unit before the house Led keeps flashing?

How long do you have the kit, can you double check the model on the back, the model starts withTL-WPA - or TL-PA -. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 404

Replies: 1