Router won't come online unless I disconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-22 00:17:13
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Two occasions now I have had to restart my home central from DSP. But my Deco router won't come online again unless I pull out the cable that goes to my switch. Only the network cable from home central can be connected, I have to disconnect and reconnect the power to my Deco router. Only then will it come online again and I can connect my cable to the switch.

This can't be right? Never had to do this with any router before. 

Also, I can't figure out why the signal strength is so weak? Om ticking in at -50 db at the best. Then I'm very close to the router. According to the specifications Deco x-55 should be superior to my old mesh network. But when I measured the old I could get -30 db or better at same distance. Deco mesh are very stable, but I thought signal strength would have been better and not loose as much speed on small distances. I have a drop in 2-300 mbit/s just moving 3 meters away from the router. Hope you have a fix for this so I dont have to trade them for something else.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Router won't come online unless I disconnect
2022-08-23 07:25:42

@Thlian 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

For your case, would it be possible to provide a picture of your network topology?

When Deco is offline after restating DSP, if you open the Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV4, will you still get a valid IP address?

As for the signal strength and speed issue, would you please help me run the following test:

1. Please temporarily unplug satellite X55 units, and leave the main X55 only.

2. Test the signal strength again on the device and please save me a screenshot of the signal strength on the device.

3. test the speed on this device as well, then move several meters away and test the speed again.

(It is also highly appreciated if you could save some screenshots about the speedtest. I think the previous issue might be due to that the device has roamed to the satellite X55.)

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Router won't come online unless I disconnect
2022-08-23 08:30:18

@David-TP 

Hi, my topografi is a mess, but it's how its always been. The square node in the back is my old main node which now is in bridge mode. Because of all the stuff in the house that still is on its network (the two other nodes are disconnected).

In port 3 on Deco I have the switch connected and when if my main central has been down this has to be disconnected for the wireless to come back up after restart. It doesn't provide and Ipv4 address if I disconnect the main Lan or power of main central from service provider.

Picture

1 & 2: Roughly one meter away without node 2 & 3

3 & 4: One floor up, only wood between. Without node 2 & 3

5 & 6: Also second floor with all nodes.

7: Square Omni node disconnected. Second floor.

TAGA is Deco Mesh, Omni are the one node standing next to Deco main. All speed tests are done with Deco

Options