Speed capping and poor latency

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-23 21:05:30
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I was getting very fast speedtest  results when I first installed the 3 box X60 mesh system, however now it appears to be capping  at 280mbs download and 20mbs, I had 700mbs and 45mbs respectively.  If I bypass the mess and use my router I'm getting 400mbs and 40mbs  the main mesh is connected in the same room as my router via a cable. 

I have rebooted the whole network with no change.

Also I get laptop dropping connections  and poor latency on 2 ps5s when playing games

There are none of the qos settings that are referred to online when searching for help

Options
7 Reply
Re:Speed capping and poor latency
2022-08-24 02:35:41

@MERCMAN66 

Hi, welcome to the community.

"Now it appears to be capped at 280mbs download and 20mbs, I had 700mbs and 45mbs respectively.  If I bypass the mess and use my router I'm getting 400mbs and 40mbs"

Are these all wireless speed and on which client device?

Please refer to this link to change to a different X60 as the main Deco: How to Setup the Satellite Deco to be the Main Deco?

And Could you please try to connect the laptop via cable to the main X60 and test the Ethernet speed directly?

If possible, please also turn off 2.4ghz temporarily and make sure the client is connected to a faster 5ghz.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-24 10:52:00

@David-TP 

these are wireless speeds, using speedtest.net and also sam knows speed test, on a galaxy S22 ultra. I was getting the 700/50mbs in front of the main deco unit, now not. 

I have already tried switching off the 2.4Ghz, as suggested in other forums and topics, that made no difference, I have swapped main and satellite deco units , also no change

latest firmware installed and checked.

Also my 2 x work HP laptops have issues when connected via VPN, causing drop outs and freezing, when using teams and weber

I switched from powerline adapters to a wireless mesh, as it was supposed to improve things, at the moment, I'm looking to return the whole kit to Amazon

Options
2022-08-24 18:17:59
seems one of the satellite decos is dausing the drops in speeds im seeing, this isnt thd main one, how do i get a new one?
Options
2022-08-25 03:50:03

@MERCMAN66 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

May I know who you find out the problem is caused by a specific Deco unit?

And if only a single unit needs to be replaced, you might need to contact the local UK support team.

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-25 09:27:54
hi, first i turned off all the deco units, and disconnected any hardwired devices, then i started with the main deco, and did speed tests, using the same test server on speedtest.net to establish a baseline this was >700mbs download and >40mbs upload, sitting 2m from the main deco, results as expected,. i then turned on each deco, and again tested from the same position, after a while 5-10mins it was clear the speed had dropped with the second unit on, turning it off the speed recovered, and has rema8ned. i also tested sitting directly in front of the suspected deco, and got 250ms download and 20mbs upload, using the app, i checked which deco i was connected to. today im checking the network function without this suspect unit powered up, and can report back later
Options
2022-08-29 17:34:16
The deco ubit we turned off, is definitely the problem unit. How do i get it replaced, without sending the whole pack, back to Amazon?
Options
2022-08-30 09:34:16

@MERCMAN66 

Hi, you could try to send the following information to support.forum@tp-link.com:

1. A picture of the bottom label with SN.

2. A copy of the purchasing receipt.

Or please register the fault unit per https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/2604/

And please register using the serial number that is on the single faulty unit and leave me a message once you finished the registration.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 702

Replies: 7

Related Articles