AXE75 IP & MAC Binding not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-24 14:57:35 - last edited 2022-08-24 15:13:31
Tags: #Firmware Update #axe75
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20220405 rel.80113(5553)

Hello,

I have an AXE75 and it seems that the IP & MAC Binding options are not working correctly.

After rebooting the devices that are bound will randomly become unbound.

For example, I have 4 devices on the binding list, and although these 4 devices are powered on, on the arp list one of the devices is unbound.

After rebooting the router WOL packets from the wan do not reach all of these 4 devices. it only works after i set these bindings manually.

There is an old thread with this issue on Archer C6: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/213328

But it seems I cannot disable IPv6 on the LAN on my AXE75.

Thank you and regards,

Sam

Edit: Found this thread: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/241192 which also describes my issue, but in my case i have IPv6 Internet disabled and IPv6 LAN on SLAAC+Stateless DHCP. There is no option to disable IPv6 on the lan.

Options
5 Reply
Re:AXE75 IP & MAC Binding not working
2022-08-25 06:40:28

@Sam80 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Can I have a screenshot of the IP & MAC binding settings on the AXE75? You can mask the MAC and IP before posting for any security concerns.

How did you find out that it's not working once rebooted the AXE75? Does it disappear from the IP & MAC Binding list?

Regarding WOL, do you mean only after configuring the IP & MAC Binding manually after the router reboot can you wake up the devices in the LAN? Do you use IPv6 on the AXE75?

BTW, who is your ISP?

Options
2022-08-25 08:21:22 - last edited 2022-08-25 08:23:08

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your swift reply!

My router is always rebooted at 3am.

- Screenshot 1 shows the binding page which was taken about an hour ago. I tried WOL from WAN to the device 206 (Synology NAS) and it worked.

- I removed the devices starting with WSP as i added them only for testing.

- Turned the NAS device off, and tried again 60 minutes later without rebooting the router and it did not work.

Screenshots 2-1 and 2.2 show the binding page right after this unsuccessful WOL from WAN.

You can see that the 206 device is on the Binding List but is absent from the ARP List.

The device 117 is working without issues.

Before this AXE75 I had and Archer C7 and never had any issues with this feature. Both WOL devices were always working perfectly connected to the C7

I Live in Portugal, My ISP is MEO (Altice). The router was purchased from amazon.com on the 29th of July

Kind Regards.

EDIT: forgot the attachement

File:
screenshots.zipDownload
Options
2022-09-21 10:37:56 - last edited 2022-09-21 11:01:09

@Kevin_Z 

During these past few weeks I've been monitoring this issue, and cannot find a pattern but surely it is not related to reboot.

Once a bind is activated it will remain active for several hours and then randomly it disappears.

The entry will remain in the bind list and in the arp list it will have the bind switch/button on the disabled side (left side).

screenshot attached.

Any update on this issue?

Options
2022-09-22 03:33:58

@Sam80 

Thank you very much for getting back with the detailed info and sorry for missing your reply.

This sounds abnormal. Can you please confirm if this Synology NAS is connected to the AXE75 directly or if there is a network switch between them?

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I would like to forward your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
2022-09-22 07:55:14

@Kevin_Z 

Although I always mention the NAS device, the other device (windows desktop) in the binding list also has the same problem.

Each device resides behind a gigabit switch, which was changed for another gigabit switch but the issue remained. My network topology has been the same for the past few years, and everything worked flawlessly with an Archer C7 and later with an Asus AC86u.

These devices always wake up via LAN and/or Wifi. I usually use my phone, which is connected to the AXE75's wifi network, so the WOL packets are in fact forwarded by the router to the switch and from the switch to the respective devices.

I already received the case email.

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 692

Replies: 5

Related Articles