Customize DNS rebinding protection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-25 15:43:45 - last edited 2022-08-25 15:51:10
Tags: #DDNS
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20200708 rel.55037(4555)

Hello. I can't find any information in the official manual or anywhere else about DNS rebinding protection on the Archer AX-50, but after struggling a lot with Plex secure local connections, I guess that it has said protection.

Is there any way to deactivate it or to make a whitelist ?

Thanks.

I found another thread with the same problem https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/213570

Options
3 Reply
Re:Customize DNS rebinding protection
2022-08-25 17:03:28

I found a solution. To anyone having this problem : it’s quite easy and stupid, I don’t know why I didn’t think about it earlier. I changed my DNS in my Archer AX-50 DHCP. They were unset, so the router was using its own DNS mechanism. By setting them to my ISP ones (which will be used by the Archer in fine) this bypasses the rebinding protection mechanism.

Options
2022-08-26 11:16:05

@MeisterLLD 

It seems you are requesting similar settings as reported by Maxuk, and you are correct that you can change the DNS settings under DHCP server as required as suggested by terziyski in the following thread:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/265710

Options
2022-08-26 12:33:49 - last edited 2022-08-26 12:34:11

@Kevin_Z Thanks. Nonetheless I still think this should be an available setting. TP link routers of lower grade than the AX-50 can be flashed with OpenWRT and OpenWRT does have a whitelist setting for DNS rebinding protection. So I'm pretty confident that this could be implemented in a next firmware upgrade. To be honest, if OpenWRT were available for the AX-50 I would flash it without a doubt, because it is kind of frustrating to have some non tweakable and non documented perks implemented !

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1970

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles