Archer T6E "Can't connect to this network".

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-29 21:38:37
Tags: #ARCHER T6E
Model: Archer T6E  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I bought Tp-link Archer T6E week ago. I can't connect to my home network from time when i mounted this in my PC. I changed channel of Wi-Fi on my router(Tp-link WR841N) - it fixed problem for short time. Next i have done everything from this: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/204498 and nothing helped from this. I can connect to my mobile hotspot from phone(Xiaomi Redmi note 9) and in this network everything works fine. For example, i can connect to home Wi-Fi trough Tp-link WN823N without any problems and it's working fine.

Please help me.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Archer T6E "Can't connect to this network".
2022-08-30 04:54:19

Fixes for ‘Can’t connect to this network’:

Uninstall your network adapter driver
Update your network adapter driver
Disable 802.1 1n mode of your network adapter
Reset your router

Greeting,

Rachel Gomez

Options
2022-08-30 10:13:56
How to disable 802.11n mode on adapter?
Options
2022-08-31 02:46:58

Hello @jendrula1337 

Thank you for starting a new thread.

It's good to know you have tried chipset driver for Archer T6E listed in this thread and try to delete the Wi-Fi profile and reconnect to the 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi network. 

You could also adjust the Wireless security to WPA/WPA2-PSK and see if that makes any difference.

For a test, try to a Guest Wi-Fi network without password and see if T6E could connect to it? 

May I know did you recently update the Windows version? To better assist with  your case, we will also create a support email TKID220837581 please check your email inbox later. 

Options
2022-08-31 10:40:55

@Solla-topee Hello!

Problem looks like: When I start PC, sometimes i can't connect to my Home Wi-Fi, sometimes i can. But I can always connect to my phone hotspot without any problems.

Sometimes when i can connect both networks, and i'm starting to use hotspot, when i try to change network to home Wi-Fi i can't, i'm getting "Can't connect to this network".

I'm using WPA2-PSK on my router.

I tried to make Guest Wi-Fi. When i made, i was able to connect both networks - secured and guest.

Sometimes when i leave PC doesn't connected to any network, when i come i'm able to connect home wi-fi.

It's must have for me to be able to jumping betwen this networks without any breaks.

I'll try to reinstall drivers again.

Options
2022-08-31 11:01:30

@Solla-topee I tried to reinstall again, but it don't help.

I can't connect to guest and secured Wi-Fi.

This is my router wi-fi settings:

Options
2022-09-02 18:59:27

So, what now?

Options
2022-09-06 03:51:55

Hello @jendrula1337 

Thank you for more test, if the adapter have trouble connect to Wi-Fi network every time you reboot the PC.

• Try having the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option disabled

Adapter Properties settings>  Power Management tab> Uncheck   "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" box

If still the same, I suspect it can be the adapter have some issue working with certain PC motherboard, you may reach retailer to check the warranty, its better to exchange to different model. If the retailer can not help, kindly reply to the support email TKID220837581and  our support will follow up your case  further. 

Options