Powerline Adaptors No Longer Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-30 12:08:37

I have a garden office which is approximately 100 ft from my router but I have been successfully using the my Powerline adaptors up until 1 week ago when all of a sudden I lost the connection between the two devices. I splashed and bought a new AV100 starter kit thinking that maybe the old adapters were the issue and after a lot of back and forth they started working. Now they do not see each other and I only have 2 of the 3 lights on the plug versus the 3 which were on permanently when it worked. I have taken both plugs inside the house plugging them into sockets in the same room and they are fine and work perfectly, it's just when I plug the other in my garden office, it simply does not recognize the other plug inside the house next to the router. There has been no change to any electrical systems in the house so I do not understand what has happened.

The Tplink utility software only seems to recognize one plug and when I try to enter the second's details manually, it cannot add it.

Any ideas please as this is driving me nuts! Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerline Adaptors No Longer Working
2022-08-31 03:23:22

@Robertp1969 

Thank you for reaching out to us and starting. 

If powerline adapters can be paired in the same room but lost pair (House Led goes off) when you relocate it to a different location,  this usually because the powerline environment there is not suitable for the powerline kit, especially for some house extensions like garden the powerline signal can be not very ideal for the powerline kit over long distance.

Please vonfirm the kit is still under the powerline, under the same power meter 
Try to eliminate the possible factors that affect the power line environment with the instruction below: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/409/

Try a different Wall outlet for the powerline extender or the main powerline adapter  

If still the same, probably something has changed in the power line environment, so both new and old powerline kit can not be paired at the garden. You will need to consider other house extension product like some outdoor APs or outdoor products to extend the network. 

Options
Re:Powerline Adaptors No Longer Working
2022-08-31 07:59:47

@Solla-topee 

Hi thanks for your comments. My problem is that everything was working fine up until 3 weeks ago when I lost my connection and up until then the connection was working fine so despite my office being in the garden there was no issue. There has been no change to any electrical supply in the house so that cannot be the problem either. There are also no electrical appliances that are near the powerline adapters so no change here either so the fact sheet does not really apply to my circumstances. Have also tried different wall sockets and that does not work.

You mentioned that old and new powerline adapters cannot be paired. I bought a AV1000 kit but are using an older adapter to connect the garden electricity supply to the mains. Could that be the problem as it is not a 1000 Gigabit adapter? However that theory does not work out as when I plug the 1000 adapters into sockets in the same room in the house, they work fine so that would imply that theory does not pan out.

I am at a loss as to why a system that was working perfectly fine 2 weeks ago is now not with no changes to the set up?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 551

Replies: 2

Related Articles