Turning router to AP but getting wifi6?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-31 18:55:32 - last edited 2022-09-01 07:33:38

Hi guys just a query really, 

I currently have a ax72 as my main router and 2 ac1200 routers in AP modes at my property, (1 top floor of 3rd floor) (2nd in my man cave at bottom of my garden). Throught the center of my house it has a absurdly thick brick wall and a chimney brest as well so hence the added AP's. 

I'm debating on upgrading the ac1200's to WiFi6 routers and putting them into access point mode like how I've currently got the ac1200's. 

Don't get me wrong the 1200's are giving me my full Internet speed (500mb)when I'm near them and I can connect to them as if I was in a mesh ( same said and password) and I'm totally happy with them, to be fair they've never skipped a beat since I've owned them. 

Putting it simply If I was to buy 2 more routers and turn them into AP would they give off wifi 6 or not 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Turning router to AP but getting wifi6?
2022-09-01 07:41:17

@Basboi85 

Are you saying you want to add two more Wi-Fi 6 routers that are configured into AP modes? Will they both connect to the AX72 directly with Ethernet cables?

Yes, the Wi-Fi 6 features will still remain even though they work in AP modes.

Options
Re:Turning router to AP but getting wifi6?
2022-09-01 08:10:48

@Kevin_Z 

Many thanks for the reply, 

Yes that's exactly what I was getting at, my apologies for not explaining better, 

I currently have the 2 ac1200's connected by hard wire via the ax72 as the main router, 

I was hoping for what you confirmed many thanks 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 263

Replies: 2