Connected without internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-01 19:11:09
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have recently gone through the installation process with the Deco mesh system, and it is saying: 'Connected without internet', the light on the router has gone from flashing blue to red. I have tried the intallation process several times and spoken to my ISP who have reset the modem remotely - but it is still not working. I am able to connect to Wi-Fi through my modem directly.

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Connected without internet
2022-09-01 19:51:11

@SM4375 

Hey

You sadly cannot connect the Deco to the ISP router via WiFi, the main deco unit needs to be cabled in

If you are getting no internet it could be a number of things, my guess however is its one of the internet settings on the deco.     What model is the device your ISP provided?  namely is it a router or modem?

Usually setting the Deco internet mode for AUTO will solve most issues.. 

Any extra details you can provide on your ISP or modem / router would help!

Philbert

Options
2022-09-02 07:36:00

@SM4375 

Hi, I agree with Philbert and  I see you mentioned "I am able to connect to Wi-Fi through my modem directly,", so I think your modem is actually a modem-router combination.

The internet connection type on Deco should be Dynamic IP.

If it is still solid red, test the same Ethernet port on your ISP modem with a computer and check whether there is internet connection on the PC.

And please also check whether there is any default access control rules to block new connection.

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-09-05 06:59:33

@SM4375 Thanks for your help. It sounds like we need to purchase a supported modem from our ISP to connect the Deco to. I thought we may have been able to connect the Deco straight into the ONT, but it doesn't sound like this is possible? And if it is, the ISP is not prepared to support 3rd party mesh systems and provide configuration settings. Or is it time to find an alternative ISP?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 417

Replies: 3

Related Articles