New house, new WiFi - help needed please!!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-06 19:05:49
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

So I bought the RE200 to boost the WiFi signal in my previous house, and got it working fine with brilliant results. I have recently moved and am really struggling with setting up the booster for this WiFi. I used the app, and got as far as plugging the booster next to the router. When it asks for the password to connect to the Tp Link WiFi it keeps saying incorrect password. I have tried the WiFi password several times (for the new WiFi), I also reset the range extender in case it wanted the previous house WiFi password to no avail.

Has anyone got any suggestions as struggling to work with 6MB download :-(

All help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:New house, new WiFi - help needed please!!!
2022-09-07 01:32:27

Hello @NewDiabolic89 

I'd suggest checking the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Wi-Fi LEDs on RE200 after setting it up,  if none of the 2.4G/5G LED light up after setup, it is possible a wrong password was put in when setting up the extender.

If that the case, factory reset the extender and set it up again.

Note:  please confirm you put in the correct router Wi-Fi password and the 2.4G/5G LED should light up on the extender, which means extender has been set up successfully 

For more detailed troubleshooting steps, this article should be able to help. 

Troubleshooting: Unable to Connect to WiFi Extender or Saying Incorrect Password

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 206

Replies: 1

Related Articles