Profiles issues - pc without internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-09 15:14:40 - last edited 2022-09-09 18:52:50
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.4 Build 20220113 Rel. 38349

Yesterday I assigned a pc to a profile.

There's a limit of 12 hours of use in this profile. I can see the message saying that the limit has been reached, so this pc has no internet connection.

Ok.

Now I need this pc to be connected again to internet.

1- Tried to add a new profile without any limitations, and then assign this pc to this new profile. Still no connection to internet.

2- Tried to remove the pc from any profile. Now the pc has no profile assigned. Still no connection to internet.

3- Tried to reboot the pc. Still no connection to internet. Message in browser is: "Restricciones de Control parental. No tiene permitido navegar en la red en este momento. Puede volver a conectarse cuando el Horario de Dormir haya acabado", which can be translated to something like "Parent control restrictions. You are not allowed to browse the net(internet). You can connect again when sleep schedule is over". This pc is no longer assigned to any profile, so this message should not be displayed and internet should be available.

Just in case: of course internet is working fine, other mac/pc are working fine with internet connection. 

How can I restore the internet connection in this pc?

IT SEEMS TO BE A BUG.

Edit: more info added.

Edit2: disconnected ethernet cable cat6, tried connecting using wifi (slower speed of course...) and now the pc has internet. Disconnect wifi and connect ethernet cable again => no internet again. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Profiles issues - pc without internet connection
2022-09-13 03:05:20

any update?

Options
2022-09-13 06:53:25

@screennamescree 

Hi, Have you tried to clear the browsing history on the PC and test again?

And it is also suggested to delete the current profile, then check whether the internet service could restore.

Options
2022-09-26 14:55:30

@David-TP 

> Have you tried to clear the browsing history on the PC and test again?

> And it is also suggested to delete the current profile, then check whether the internet service could restore.

Both are bad solutions to the issue. I can't tell the users "clear browsing history" every time they are having this issue.

And in the same way I can't delete the profile every time just one of the users is facing this issue, all the data of other pc's associated in the profile will be lost.

Issue is still present.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 326

Replies: 3